Front Bonnet Adjustment

Started by paulj, February 6, 2024, 21:47

paulj

I have been trying to lower the front edge of my bonnet (front) recently.  I hoped that loosening the bolts would allow the catch to move but that doesn't seem to work for me.  In the maintenance book Toyota show the hood cover (rear) with a catch that can move in 4 directions when loosened.  There is not a similar section for the front frunk bonnet.

Can anyone help with this?  All I want to do is lower the front edge a smidge to create a cleaner shut line and stop a bit of vibration at speed.

Thanks
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

Alex Knight

Are there not adjustable rubber screws which you can turn to adjust the height of the leading edge of the bonnet?

McMr2

Quote from: Alex Knight on February  6, 2024, 22:45Are there not adjustable rubber screws which you can turn to adjust the height of the leading edge of the bonnet?

This. Bit of trial and error should get it sorted.
2004 Silver. Stock(ish).

paulj

Thanks both, I will have a play.  My concern was raising them and making the gap bigger....might start by screwing them down tight and going from there
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

McMr2

Quote from: paulj on February  8, 2024, 21:14Thanks both, I will have a play.  My concern was raising them and making the gap bigger....might start by screwing them down tight and going from there

You can check the black seals where the bonnet meets the headlights as a bit of a guide to get it even.

The rear bonnet/engine cover can be adjusted in the same way too.
2004 Silver. Stock(ish).

Tags: