Started by Topdownman, March 18, 2018, 11:32
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Quote from: Topdownman on April 14, 2018, 08:11So, time to do something with the body at last. Due to an inconsiderate badger (I think, after a forensic examination of the hairs stuck in the wheel), it didnt stop to swop insurance details, I had a cracked front bumper so I was on the lookout for a replacement. I didnt mind if it was pre facelft or facelift and a pfl one came up first. This was fitted with an HZ altezza front lip. I went for the GB kit style side skirts and rear spats from Glass fibre products.Fitting the side skirts took a fair bit of fettling to go on as they were a bit short for my car, I suppose the way your wings are fitted can mean some are wider than others (wheel arch to wheel arch)?After trimming them and sanding down the insides of the front and rear edges I got them on, they were then secured with 3 self tappers through the skirt and into the wheel arch, once happy with the fit, I took them off, applied tiger seal to the top and bottom and then screwed them back on and left them to set.Once set, I applied tiger seal to the top to fill any gaps and then touched that up with a paint brush and touch up paint.I later added on some homemade mudguards to cover the fittings at the end of the skirts and spats.At the rear, a JDL style spoiled from ebay went on.I then fitted rubber skirts to the front and sides.These have saved me some damage a few times as I have scraped over kerbs as the front is pretty low. It makes a horrible noise though as you scrape along!
Quote from: wotugonado on April 14, 2018, 09:55Great looking car. Sables look the dogs dooberies fully kitted up imo.Has anyone let the kit manufacturer know they're a poor fit ?
Quote from: Topdownman on April 2, 2018, 10:173Sounds so simple. Wrong! Still, it was worth it all in the end and it will be nice when it is finished.
Quote from: jonbill on December 30, 2018, 20:23That's not how I remember Wales in winter!
Quote from: Topdownman on March 31, 2019, 15:06With the Highland Drive rapidly approaching it was time to try to get the car running today as I have been having starting issues and it hasnt been running for a week or two.The battery has been running down as it hasnt been used much for months but it is only 2 years old so I was hoping that wasnt the problem. After charging it last weekend, it was OK when I ran a load test. I decided to have a look at the starter motor connection today. I was very relieved to find that while not actually loose, I could tighten it up quite a bit so was hopeful that when the battery was charged up again it would start.To get to the starter, I took off the air intake pipe and discovered that the last time I had cleaned the MAF, the rubber gasket had sagged at the bottom (the bit you cant see) when I put it back together meaning air would have been getting in there. Cleaned the MAF and seated the gasket properly this time.I could see my catch can had about 2-3" of erm, contents, so decided to empty it and fit the silicone hoses to replace the manky ones.Not quite enough to make a pot noodle but not far off.The engine bay looks a little better now.I think thats everything, oh yes, the car started 1st time....
Quote from: Topdownman on March 31, 2019, 16:15John, no, just no!
Quote from: Call the midlife! on May 11, 2019, 18:48At first glance I thought that was a BGW on the Lotus.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Topdownman on May 11, 2019, 23:12Quote from: Call the midlife! on May 11, 2019, 18:48At first glance I thought that was a BGW on the Lotus.Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPretty sure it is.