Removing the soft top, retaining seat belt mounts

Started by MrChris, December 6, 2023, 10:02

MrChris

So I've got my hard top on and in the interests of saving weight, I want to remove the soft top and stash it away. What I don't want to do is destroy as I've read that in order to retain the seatbelt mounts you effectively have to cut them off the cross bar. Is there any way around this that anyone knows of? I'm guessing my only real option is to try and source the cross bar bit with seat belt mounts and cut the mounts off?

Petrus

Quote from: MrChris on December  6, 2023, 10:02So I've got my hard top on and in the interests of saving weight, I want to remove the soft top and stash it away. What I don't want to do is destroy as I've read that in order to retain the seatbelt mounts you effectively have to cut them off the cross bar. Is there any way around this that anyone knows of? I'm guessing my only real option is to try and source the cross bar bit with seat belt mounts and cut the mounts off?

Andrew Henderson andy@j-spec.co.uk has these pillars off of the soft top frame on stock most of the time just for this purpose-  I have a set from him too. Just decided to keep the extra functionality of the soft top for the time being.

I modified the cross bar you mention from steel to a carbon fiber tube btw.  See Southern Belle thread.

MrChris

Quote from: Petrus on December  6, 2023, 10:32Andrew Henderson andy@j-spec.co.uk has these pillars off of the soft top frame on stock most of the time just for this purpose-  I have a set from him too. Just decided to keep the extra functionality of the soft top for the time being.

I modified the cross bar you mention from steel to a carbon fiber tube btw.  See Southern Belle thread.

Thanks, I thought this might be the case. I'll give him a bell.

Petrus

The cross bar btw is just thát. The seat belt retainers bolt to the upright.

Tags: