Drive Away Locking

Started by Anonymous, April 4, 2006, 20:48

Anonymous

Hiya,

rumour has it that the MR2 has drive away locking.  I have a '00 plate car......can it be turned on for an early model, or is it only on the later model?  Also, if it can be turned on, is it a dealer job or can I do it?  Thanks,

James

philster_d

hi arctic and welcome to the forum,

Caan you specify more ? not sure what you mean ?

Maybe someone else will be along shortly to tel me im dumb   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Philster

Anonymous

I believe he means that when the car reaches a certain speed the doors automatically lock. BMW's and alike have it

proeliator2001

I know the 03 onwards models have it - fairly simple thing for Toyota to do, just change a code and when you turn the ignition round it locks the doors and when you stop the engine it opens them again.  I find it very useful.  If the alarms/ecu are the same for older models I'd assume they all can have it activated.
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

philster_d

What purpose ? anti car jacking ?

aaronjb

Quote from: "philster_d"What purpose ? anti car jacking ?

Stops passengers escaping   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "proeliator2001"I know the 03 onwards models have it - fairly simple thing for Toyota to do, just change a code and when you turn the ignition round it locks the doors and when you stop the engine it opens them again.  I find it very useful.  If the alarms/ecu are the same for older models I'd assume they all can have it activated.

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

I don't have it on mine...  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Whats wrong with using the interior door lock switch ?

mg

Quote from: "proeliator2001"I know the 03 onwards models have it - fairly simple thing for Toyota to do, just change a code and when you turn the ignition round it locks the doors and when you stop the engine it opens them again.  I find it very useful.  If the alarms/ecu are the same for older models I'd assume they all can have it activated.

Anybody know the steps to activate this?  My 2005 does not have it...
[size=67]2005 Silver | Red Heated Leather | TTE Turbo | TTE exhaust | TTE Lowered Springs | TRD FSB | B&M Short Shift | David\'s Style Bars | Bama Tall Deflector | Red Calipers[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "arcticgoldfish"Hiya,

rumour has it that the MR2 has drive away locking.

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1453&highlight=carjacking

proeliator2001

Quote from: "Ekona"

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

I don't have it on mine...  s:? :? s:?

I meant the feature was there to be activated, rather than already set.  Sorry for the confusion.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

Thats exactly the feature....door locks when you pull away.  It isn't much of an issue to press the lock button myself....just thought that if the feature was there, it would be nice to have it active.  I tend to lock the car before driving off anyway.  Guess it isn't something the early model can do...might give Toyota a call and see if they can do it.

philster_d

hehe are you using the 2 as a taxi ?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Thats where ive seen this feature

Anonymous

Quote from: "arcticgoldfish"Guess it isn't something the early model can do...might give Toyota a call and see if they can do it.

I've got a 2001 'Y' and it used to do it about once a week at random, after I clubbed Mr T repeatedly over the head with the alarm manual that said the car could do it they eventually worked out how to turn it on properly. The car now auto locks the doors when the ignition is switched on and releases the locks when it is turned off.

philster_d

so you have to turn off the car when you want your gf to jump out and post a letter or something ?

proeliator2001

No, you just use the door lock button on the dash to open them.  You shouldn't leave the engine going when you aren't in the car anyway.

Anonymous

I've e-mailed my local toyota garage so will see what they say.....there won't be a profit involved so guess there will be no reply!!!

Stuart, Do you know what they did to your 2001 plate to get it workng properly?

Anonymous

Quote from: "arcticgoldfish"Stuart, Do you know what they did to your 2001 plate to get it workng properly?

According to them they reset the 'Theft' ECU. It's a function of the alarm that's fitted at Port of Entry or whatever they call it.

Mine was done by Inchcape Toyota at Guildford if your garage need to find someone to ask how.

peppyuk

Does it unlock the doors if you flip the car so the fire service can drag you out?
\'In a state of mental numbness\'

Anonymous

I used to hear people talk about the downside of locking your car when driving was that if you were in an accident and couldn't unlock the door, the police / fire brigade couldn't unlock it.  If I am in an accident / flip my car and get knocked out, I won't mind if they smash a window!!!  Far more likely to geet someone try to open the door and nick the car / mobile / wallet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "peppyuk"Does it unlock the doors if you flip the car so the fire service can drag you out?

If you flip a '2 I don't think they'll need to open the door to get you out.

peppyuk

Quote from: "arcticgoldfish"Far more likely to geet someone try to open the door and nick the car / mobile / wallet.
\'In a state of mental numbness\'

Tags: