Engine Start Button

Started by kanujunkie, October 10, 2003, 12:02

kanujunkie

Has anyone fitted an engine start button to their 2? got any details?  s:?: :?: s:?:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

I got lucky, the dealer through this key thing when I bought mine.
  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

here ya go!

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3802 m

scroll down to see what someone else had done.

HTH

kanujunkie

cheers folks, i've just seen the price of the switch from Honda UK, £50!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  how expensive, think this one may have to go on hold  s:( :( s:(
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Sorry to be argumentive but i dont mean to be LOL

But why go for a push start ????

It makes the car so much eaiser to splice and it dose look very nice i admit that but the secruity issuses are so much more !

I know that you could splice it into the imboliser But this will never give the same protectiona as a barrel !!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Please somone enlighten me   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Would it not be more like the ones on the Focus RS? Turn the key to the ON position and instead of turning it again to start the engine, you would simply press the button....?

Anonymous

Thats what i wasnt sure about ???

Weather they do away with the barrel completely and just us the button i dont know

It would make more sence still using the key to turn the imboliser off then starting with the button   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"Weather they do away with the barrel completely and just us the button i dont know

Your right, that would just be pointless... unless you had a fingerprint immobiliser!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Quote from: "Buster"It would make more sence still using the key to turn the imboliser off then starting with the button   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I think thats how they all work.

Anonymous

Enough of this foolishness!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Enough of this foolishness!

oi stranger! leave it or I'll come and tip some cows... then see whos laughing!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "Buster"It would make more sence still using the key to turn the imboliser off then starting with the button   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I think thats how they all work.

depends on how u want to go about it, i tha one with a polit switch which let u make do with out the key. simply flick the switch and push the button and your off...........yes yes not the best for keeping theif at bay....but mine did have an immoblisa which was linked to the remote door lock.
had this for 4 years on the FTO with no probs.

Anonymous

So you have done away woth your barrel then competely then???

If so surely all teh thief has to do is splice the acc from teh button to Ign on teh ingtintion loom which is the two wires out of teh 3 leading to the button for the car to start???

If so i think this is very foolish (dont take offense) but you have made your car very nickerbal!!!

My advise is try to at least tie it in witht eh output of the reomte door locking or as a 2nd imboliser so that not to contereact the two

Buster not very pleased witht this one   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I guess if someone disabled the ability to turn the key and start the car, made it only possible to crank with the start button, and then hide it a bit -- it could provide some useful measure of security.  Otherwise it's just fluff.

Tem

Quote from: "143hawaii"I guess if someone disabled the ability to turn the key and start the car, made it only possible to crank with the start button

I thought those buttons do just that. Well, you can still physically turn the key, but the starter wire is rerouted to the button, so it won't start from the key.

I guess most like to make the button visible though...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"So you have done away woth your barrel then competely then???

If so surely all teh thief has to do is splice the acc from teh button to Ign on teh ingtintion loom which is the two wires out of teh 3 leading to the button for the car to start???

If so i think this is very foolish (dont take offense) but you have made your car very nickerbal!!!

My advise is try to at least tie it in witht eh output of the reomte door locking or as a 2nd imboliser so that not to contereact the two

Buster not very pleased witht this one   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

this does sound foolish to make the car easy to nick. but it looked good   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   and i'd all ways wanted to to do away with the key. it was connected to a 2nd imboliser but i did't care if the car was nicked (gave me an excuse to get the '2   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
and thats y i wont be doing it 2 the '2

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"Buster not very pleased witht this one   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Not a man to displease is our buster!...I mean apart from the rugby frame, look at his bloody avanta!

Tem

Hmmmm...let's not confuse apples and oranges here.

If you have a stock ECU, I don't think it's possible to start the car without the key. Not even if you wire some button directly to starter. It will spin, but it won't start. If it did, anyone could nick the car by push starting it.

markiii

since the imobilisor is a transponder in the key, and doesn't rely on an electrical contact between the key and the barrel, I'd expect yor right.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Nice picture of a toyota start button on page 44 in the "car in front" toyota mag this month!  Will fit in well with the 03 model chrome dials.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Nice picture of a toyota start button on page 44 in the "car in front" toyota mag this month!  Will fit in well with the 03 model chrome dials.

post a pic mate - everyone else except me seems to get this magazine! who the hell do i talk to to get it?!?

markiii

Quote from: "cstevens"Nice picture of a toyota start button on page 44 in the "car in front" toyota mag this month!  Will fit in well with the 03 model chrome dials.

but do you know what car it's from?

Anonymous

no...doest say

SteveJ

Quote from: "markiii"since the imobilisor is a transponder in the key, and doesn't rely on an electrical contact between the key and the barrel, I'd expect yor right.

The toyota transponder is AFAIK a 'dallas' one-wire device ie. it requires electrical contact with the ignition barrel.

VW/Audi use an RF device that doesn't require contact and can be a problem if you have keys to 2 different cars in close proximity (ie same keyring)

Anonymous

Ok for the benifit of you who havent seen the stuff in this months mag, here we go.

This is to keep on topic...a start button..which I think will suit the 2 well.

This months new body kit

Next months new roadster

Tem

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"everyone else except me seems to get this magazine! who the hell do i talk to to get it?!?

Kris, there was a link to some subscription form here some two months ago. I filled it and have received two copies of this since, I'm sure you just have to say "I want one too" to get it. Check the contact info from older magazines.

Tags: