Aerial Won't go down!!!

Started by Anonymous, September 13, 2006, 15:37

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question hopefully.

I installed my sony head unit in the other day, all working well Until the other day I put a CD in and the aerial went up. I switched to radio and back to CD and its stayed up. It does not go down until you turn the unit off.

Any help appreciated.

Beowulf

I am sure a similar problem has been posted before, dont know the outcome, but it is probably that the head unit has Traffic Announcements (TA) turned on. Find out how to turn it off and see if that helps.  s:) :) s:)
Entropy always increces.

2001 red 46K stock (apart from de-badging on my rear (ooh err)) never had a problem in 5 years!  (touches wood quickly)

Anonymous

Cheers, that makes sense. I will try and then post the outcome.

Anonymous

Correct me if im  wrong but is it not more likely to be to do with the remote lead?Has the aerial been stuck since you have fitted the new head unit or was it working for a while and now has decided to pack up?

Aaron

Anonymous

trust me - 90% sure it'll be that TA is turned on - it's the 2nd oldest trick in the mr2 book.

Anonymous

didn't work with me  s:( :( s:(   I have the same trouble ....my aerial comes up everytime my head unit is on, so i turned TA of and it still does it

Anonymous

Quote from: "sexybrunette"didn't work with me  s:( :( s:(   I have the same trouble ....my aerial comes up everytime my head unit is on, so i turned TA of and it still does it

do you have a 2003+ roadster.
If so the aerial will always be up unless you mdofiy the wiring loom

Anonymous

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

You guys are brilliant.

Clicked TA off and the bugger went down.

Cheers boys

Tags: