Fitting New front speakers !!!!! All explained

Started by Anonymous, June 7, 2003, 11:36

AckersMR2

As will spending £10 on a roll of Wickes roof flashing  s;) ;) s;)
My only car is a Ducati 

skidmark

Be careful with flashing tape, if its got Bitumen is will smell.

I've used this stuff on my van and theres no smell as its free of Bitumen and works well.

m http://www.screwfix.com/p/sika-multisea ... -10m/94203 m

Anonymous

i needt o do this,, helpful

BahnStormer

Updated/commented list - as used when I did this:

Components (low/mid range 6.5" and 1" Tweeter) - I used Pioneer TS-E171ci
Speaker adapters (plastic alternative to MDF). £20 on eBay, really be ~£5, but I just wanted them ASAP.
(A few long screws and around 3-4mm thick) - not needed, screws provided with speakers.
Sound deadening (dynomat or brown bread) - I lined the immediate area with a 10" x 10" patch of Dynamat Xtreme, not as thorough as some, but I didn't remove the foam block of insulation.
(Speaker wire 12 awg) - I was fine with the existing, it was in good condition and I only have a 4x50W MOSFET in the headunit (<20W RMS).
crimpers and bullet and sockets - yep, basic tools, and a few screw drivers / plastic tools
Soldering iron - I didn't don't judge: I ran out of solder, so actually just used adapter plugs* / twisted and taped for now (need to revisit this!).
*I didn't want to cut anything until I was sure, so I got the adapters to take a line from existing Toyota plug into spades - hence less need for soldering!
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

ManInDandism

Just to add my 2p to the thread - I've not seen anything about the Toyota-specific speaker adaptors that I used.  They are not marked actually out as being for the Roadster but having noted that they were for the Corolla from the same era, it was obvious to me that they would be a direct fit which they are.  Part number is CT25TY02 and packaging is marked as 'Toyota 165mm'. I paid £8.50 for them.

Previous owner of my own car had replaced speakers with a budget set and had used the carcass of the OE ones to mount the new ones.  I tried to follow suit when I fitted my Pioneers but found that it placed them too far out and they rattled against the door panel when in use.
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

Tags: