power adapter

Started by Anonymous, February 23, 2007, 22:17

Anonymous

Just been given a proline TFT LCD 5 inch TV thing  s:D :D s:D  

It's missing the power cable fo run off the cig lighter though  s:( :( s:(  

I've looked on ebay but i'm not even sure what i'm looking for  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Next to the jack it's got  DC-12V  +-0)-

Can anyone guide me in the right direction so i dont melt said item  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    or melt the car  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

kanujunkie

make it yourself, get a plug from rswww.com nd a length of wire and connect it into the existing car wireing
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

spit

The jacks are usually 12 volt at the tip (or hole) and 0v on the ring ... but not always  s:? :? s:?  so you'll need to know for sure what the polarity is or take a chance!

I've faced this before and found the answer on the circuit board where the power leads were soldered in. Sure there must be an easier way without dismantling though (?possibly a meter to determine which wire the chassis is grounded to?)
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

its should be written on the unit which way round in the form of a c with a dot in it, the c being the outside link and the dot being the inner
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

on the back it's got  6W   and     (-)-@-(+)

(the @ being the c with the dot)

Is this what you mean Stu?

spit

That'll be the one - Centre is +ve and outer is -ve

Now, providing it runs on 12v DC you can plumb it into a power source on the car. For extra safety, you might want to put an in-line fuse on the +ve line (someone else can tell you what value to use - ? 1amp  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ).

Everything you need can be had from rswww.com, or your local Maplin or even Halfrauds.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Ill Post in advance then

WANTED: ONE MR2 WIRING LOOM  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

aaronjb

Quote from: "spit"? 1amp  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ).

1amp would be fine as 6W @ 12V is 0.5A  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: