Aerial Question

Started by Anonymous, April 17, 2007, 17:13

Anonymous

Bonjour! I know there's millions of posts about aerials on here and I've been reading through alot until my eyes turn to squares!

Basically I don't like the big stock aerial and would like to see if I can get good reception without it being up all the time (I have a JVC head unit so always up when turned on).

Is there a simple cable I can pull out which will stop the aerial going up so I can test this?

Cheers,   s8) 8) s8)

Graeme

You could get a small flathead screwdriver (watchmaker's size) and push out the connector that supplies the signal to the aerial from the ISO adaptor that you are using. If you're careful, you should be able to just push it back in to place afterwards.
2001, Black, A/C, H/Top, Leather, no precats, and a club sticker![/color]
Why did they call it a "Midship Runabout"?!?! Surely "Mid-Engine Roadster" would have sounded better.

spit

Unfortunately the way that ISO connectors tend to be built nowadays you'll probably find that either the pin won't budge or it only comes out from the front.

Going back from the aerial, there is a connector for the power gubbins, separate from the aerial signal lead itself. My best guess is that its accessible by removing the side panel in your cubby hole, although looking at the length of cable it may be under the pillar trim or even the sill trim! I seem to recall there's a relay in there somewhere aswell? Didn't Leon burn his out?

However, I can confirm that in aerial down position there is naff all signal so it might save you the bovver  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

to stop it going up, remove the right hand cubby hole, pull up the floor and underneath you'll find a small box, disconnect it and that will stop the aerial raising.

But as Ste says, its a waste of time as it wont work as your entire aerial will be hidden from the signal

try searching for the words bee sting
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

evileye_wrx

LT Short Antenna from Spyderchat. I couldn't tell you if the reception is any good as I didn't reconnect it when I fitted it, but then I have my ipod in the glove box so don't bother with the radio.

m http://spyderchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25498 m

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick replies, think I'll have a quick look and if easy enough I'll test it.

If not i'll have to invest in a beesting  :-) :-) :-)

roger

I didn't find the bee sting good enough, so swopped it for the Toyota fixed aerial. See here for details.

Buying non-electric mast and body trim was about £35, aerial was £25.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

heathstimpson

Quote from: "sponger_007"Thanks for the quick replies, think I'll have a quick look and if easy enough I'll test it.

If not i'll have to invest in a beesting  :-) :-) :-)
I have an unused bee sting aerial from the States that I never used; yours for £25 including P&P. As Roger said you need to buy another couple of bits from Mr T and the reception isn't as good as with the stock one. PM me if interested  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

MR-S

Has anyone gone down the Internal Aerial Route?? ie - a powered unit stuck to the windscreen.
TRD lip kit, Che Headers, TRD rear Brace, NGK Plugs, TRD oil filter, Facelift side Vents, Key hole covers.

Tags: