TV aerial for HU

Started by damonball, August 24, 2007, 19:36

damonball

Hi Guys, need some help! Got a new head-unit, all in one jobbie recently with DVD, TV, BLUETOOTH etc and need to install the car TV antenna to make the Tv work however im having problems. I need to connect part of it to the battery or a power source i guess for the built in booster to work however this seems to be just two CUT open wires at the minute!?? How can i attach these to a battery source around the HU area that will only switch on when the car is on so it doesnt drain the battery?? Hope you can help guys. Im no good with wiring and electronics particularly  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  !

Damon

davidhowson

You could try taking the power off the cig lighter, that only comes on with ignition, or it may be with Aux, but which ever you need the key to make it come live.
However, is the item you are trying to fit one of these semi-flex antennas off ebay that stick inside the window and claim about a 20db gain? If you have a pic of it I could confirm if it is one of those I have had experience with. I had major problems - first one the wires shorted out and blew the fuse and the second virtually caught fire! I would not recomend them!
Hope it's not!

Tags: