Sony CD Changer

Started by Anonymous, September 3, 2007, 18:17

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

I have searched, but I cant find anything that I need.

Looks like I will be buying a CD changer ( Sony one that goes with the Pre 03 Sony Double Din )

Does anyone know where the changer usually gets installed - i.e glovebox / storage bins ?

Also what leads will I need to purchase ( presume it pulls power from the HeadUnit ? or do I need to run a seperate power supply from the battery ? )

Thanks

wbarrwebster

Hi,

I fitted a Sony 6 disc, only place I thought of putting it was at the bottom of the  Locker behind the  passenger seat using some double sided tape.
The wires come under the carpet and you're obviously going to have  to pull up the door cill to thread the wires though. One issue is that it is a wee bit tight when the cartidge slides out.

The 6 Disc or the 10 disc should plug directly into Sony double din unit. (2 audio, 1 Bus leads)  
You may want to think about a Remote Commander, which you can purchased on Ebay, just make sure you buy the right one as they are not universal.

Hope this helps!

Barry W
W. B. Webster

uktotty

Mine went in the bin behind the passenger, easy  fit with velcro and cables under the door sills.
Just sold my changer for £40

Tags: