Passenger Door Speaker vibration...

Started by Anonymous, February 26, 2008, 20:14

Anonymous

Hey folks, new fangled and all that, I slapped on some Iron Maiden in my MR2, and noted that when the Volume was turned up quite loud, at certain frequencies the Bass would cause a vibration that sounded like an insect buzzing.  Any ideas on this?

New Speaker? New Grille? Some acoustic insulation?

northernalex

listen to something quieter lol . No really some sound insulation is best
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Liz

Quote from: "GroundZero"New Speaker? New Grille? Some acoustic insulation?

All of the above??  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
The stock speakers are notoriously bad - have been known to sound a bit better with an aftermarket head unit - but changing them and a bit of insulation with some flashing tape will do the power of good - lots of tips and recommendations in the audio section or have a look in the garage at what people have put in their cars
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

How about the stock stereo system?

I'm considering upgrading to cover all bases - top quality sound, CD, iPod/SD functionality and Radio.  Is it really worth it, and is the stock Sony really that bad?

(Speakers are superfluous at the moment - don't fancy opening up my doors yet).

DannyN

Quote from: "GroundZero"(Speakers are superfluous at the moment - don't fancy opening up my doors yet).

Opening the doors up isnt too taxing, managed to do 5 in a couple of hours at the demon tweeks ding day
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

When I get paid in a month's time, i'll be looking at a nice speaker set then - so I guess any recommendations for top quality with minimal modifications to the '2 are welcome !

Anonymous

LOL i have the same problem with vibration when i pump basshunter & ll Divo up   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  . Do i need a new quality stereo system or is it better speaker output needed?
My cars going in Thursday to Mr T for bodykit & few other modifications.A really good sound system would be finish it off.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Cj (Carolyne Jayne)

uktotty

I have the same problem which I am investigating currently.
I was suggested that we use door insulation around the luggage bins etc???

Kool PT

Quote from: "Cj"basshunter & ll Divo

Think I know a solution to this particular problem   s:P :P s:P
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

roger

TBH anything is better than the standard.

I bought better H/U (S/h Pioneer), better speakers (Infinity Kappa) and "dynamatted" the door skins, and now I can listen to Radio 4 on the motorway   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"I have the same problem which I am investigating currently.
I was suggested that we use door insulation around the luggage bins etc???

Thanks i'll have a word with the fitters at Toyota while it's with them and see if they can stuff me doors while it's in (insulate) I shall MAKE them listen to LL Divo til the vibes drive them nuts, they will come up with something to stop me rattling i'm sure:-p...  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

There is a plastic strip you can put at the edge, so plastic2plastic is avoided.
That cures the problem.
I used to have that on mine as well.

Tags: