Fitted a sub in the cubby box ;)

Started by Anonymous, April 6, 2008, 18:40

Anonymous

Well I was originally selling the 6.5" sub pictured below:

But then I decided to make a box and fit it in the roadster inside!!!

Hope you like:

Anonymous

did you make the box yourself?? and do you think a 10" would fit in?? im looking to find a sub and amp to fit in there soon

Jaik

Does that make it a subby box? Sorry  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Quote from: "smithy"did you make the box yourself?? and do you think a 10" would fit in?? I'm looking to find a sub and amp to fit in there soon

Hi, Yes I made the box myself. It's only a 6.5" sub, a 10" would never fit in that gap. An 8" probably would, but it would need to be a bit bigger.

Anonymous

my mate has a 12" sub hes giving me so i was going to make a box for that but i was going to stand mine up and mount the amp the other side

Anonymous

Quote from: "smithy"my mate has a 12" sub hes giving me so i was going to make a box for that but i was going to stand mine up and mount the amp the other side

I'm sure you could fit a 10" or 12" sub in no probs, but unlike the box I've made you will lose a lot of the space you already have little of! lol

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

im willing to lose a bit of space for some more bass!! oh i am a proper girl racer i think!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

uktotty

I think my Basslink is 10" and that fits!

Anonymous

I have two 10inch subs fitted so it is possible (and no space at all behind the seats). I don't think you'd get a 12 in there without modifying the bins a little (like taking off the metal bars that the plastic doors clip into)

Anonymous

anyone measured it properly?? i think thats the next thing on my list is to see how they would fit!!

have you got any pics of your 10s matt??

Liz

There was talk a while back about a manufacture of the under dash sub holder - completely out of the way and sounds fantastic, will dig out the thread for you.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

markiii

it's still on my list for teh next few weeks to make them  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Liz

And here is the thread

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18593 m

I have one and if you some serious bass that means that you can be heard coming along the road before you are seen then this is for you  s8) 8) s8)  . Of course you will have to run an amp through it as well and buy the speaker.

Anonymous

that sounds perfect!! anyone know if these are still being made or where i can get one from??

Liz

Quote from: "smithy"that sounds perfect!! anyone know if these are still being made or where i can get one from??

Quote from: "markiii"it's still on my list for the next few weeks to make them  :-) :-) :-)

s:D :D s:D

Leeber

Quote from: "markiii"it's still on my list for the next few weeks to make them  :-) :-) :-)

Hurrah! I'm still up for one.   s:D :D s:D
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Tags: