HID Conversion

Started by Anonymous, July 1, 2008, 11:18

Anonymous

Hi all, just bought my first MR2, a 2003 MK3 in Yellow!

I have a HID conversion kit from my old car, it is a H7 kit from "Ultra". I went to fit the kit at the weekend and to my horror discovered that the original H7 bulbs have an adapter on the back of them, it is about 10mm of black plastic and acts as an extension for the plug. The problem is that the retaining clip that holds the bulb in place doesnt press on the bulb it presses on this adapter, so the HID does not get secured in place when fitted. Has anyone had this problem before and is there any way around this?

Thanks Chris

PS Love the forum!!

roger

Hi Chris, and welcome. Looks like the first post 03 yellow one we've seen on here.

Yes, your HID conversion is possible because others have done it. I haven't so can't help.

Before others get onto you suggest you try the the Search button, or even Spydersearch, for "HID conversion" and you'll get plenty of reading material.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

heathstimpson

Welcome along Chris. As Roger said the conversion has been done so if you look through some old threads it may help. Let me know if you have any problems when searching.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

SimonC_Here

Just os you have somewhere to start:
Hid conversion

Simon

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies guys. I have looked through the threads on HID conversions and they are more about the legal and moral side of the conversion, they don't have much in the way of "how-2" or advice, especially on this adapter problem.

kanujunkie

and its because of the legal and moral side that you wont find anything on here about how to fit them, its nothing personal just that a lot of us hate it when people retrofit them to a car which does not have automatic leveling system(thats the legal bit you have to have) and then blind everyone else on the road.

On a personal level i just hate them anyway as the light intensity gives me a headache but thats a personal issue
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: