Do your CD`s skip

Started by Anonymous, January 25, 2004, 17:13

Anonymous

Does anyone elses CD player skip  s:?: :?: s:?:

aaronjb

Yep - really, really badly sometimes - on CD's that play perfectly at home & in the other car's CD player.. I figure it's just something to do with the Sony headunit  s:( :( s:(

Assuming you have a pre '03 with a Sony, not an '03 on with the FisherPrice unit?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

MRMike

Yes very much so...I have thus regarded this as an excuse to upgrade.  I have the Fisher Price one incidentally
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Can I upgrade without losing the sat nav that seems to be connected to the head unit  s:?: :?: s:?:

MRMike

I know mine has a 'sat Nav' button, but i dont think it does anything.  And there is nothing in the manual that i've seen that suggests otherwise.  So i wouldn't worry about.  However if anyone knows any different i'm all ears, as I'm crap with directions
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Mine skips if the CDs have condensation on them when it's cold in the morning... I usually blast them with some warm air from a vent and then they're fine.

Anonymous

same as phil4.only when its cold but once warm unit is fine.

Anonymous

Mine does it all the time - getting replaced under warranty.

Anonymous

Same here, wonder if they will replace to the nice Sony unit (I have the fisher price one too!)

Anonymous

Mine did the same and was changed under warranty...no problems since.

I was told by the Service Manager that it was a known fault on the Sony Double Din unit.

Wonder if that is why the change on the 2003?

Andrew

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Mine does it all the time - getting replaced under warranty.
Is yours a Sony or Fisher Price Unit Kris  s:?: :?: s:?:  I get no problems at all with my Fisher Price one, but will still be changing it before the summer  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Slacey

I was going to post to say that my aftermarket Sony single DIN never skips, but I see that it has already been determined as a known problem with the stock unit  s:? :? s:?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Heath, mine is the fisherprice same as yours.

crankshaft

Urmmmm, what exactly is the 'Fisher-Price" unit, until now I thought that it was the sony double din !!

CrankShaft
2001 SMT - Pete

Anonymous

Nah, fisher price unit is the new one in the 03 cars... nasty!   s:? :? s:?

one of these:

m http://www.mr2-roadster.co.uk/photos/ge ... 300018.jpg m

crankshaft

Uggggghhh !
2001 SMT - Pete

Anonymous

what does the Sony one look like as I have never een the Sony one in the 2!

Anonymous

Quote from: "floater"what does the Sony one look like as I have never een the Sony one in the 2!

I take it you didnt buy your car brand new then and it doesnt have the standard stereo in? From your avitar it looks like you have a pre-facelift model which would have come with the sony stereo.

Im sure there is a photo around here somewhere... ill have a look at what i have.

Anonymous

My car is actually an import (flame?) and thus came wiithout the standard stereo and I have fitted an Alpine headunit in... and have not seen the original apart from the Fisher Price one that was in the 2 that I test drove.

Anonymous

oh i see... you can just about see it in this photo (thanks Craig!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

m http://www.mr2-photos.co.uk/images/hc_car/mr2_09.jpg m

Anonymous

that looks quite tidy actually!  hey I like the TRD badge on the steering wheel looks awesome!

aaronjb

There's a bigger pic here;

http://www.mitsubishi-fto.net/300bhp/images/sony.jpg

(Same H/U, just in a Mitzi FTO)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Does anyone have this unit as standard?

m http://www.gs2.co.uk/0003.jpeg m

(not a great pic of the CD player, I know...]
It's branded Toyota, but on the back of the face-off its branded Panasonic. The car is full UK spec, but imported from new from Belgium. And, by the way, the CD skips until it's warmed up, unless you go over a large pothole... !!!!!!!!:x

Anonymous

normally from a europen import as you have stated i think comer had one similar

Slacey

Yes, I had one of those for a while in my Danish import... it now resides in a friends Pug 406  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: