has anybody got one of these???

Started by Anonymous, January 25, 2004, 21:30

Anonymous

http://www.bassjunkies.com/index.php?cpage=product/browse_detail.php&area=shop&category_id=87&sub_category_id=16&manufacturer_id=400&product_id=27244&show_my_car=&return_link=%2Findex.php%3FP%3Dpbb%26A%3Dshop%26cid%3D87%26scid%3D16%26mode%3Dall
just wondering what it sounds like and where they have stored it???
i was thinking of going under the passenger seat or behind the seat.
any suggestions about alternatives but it must be under £120 as i am having it brought for me.
i already have an amp so powering is not an issue.

Anonymous

well firstly it has its own amp built in anyway matey

I would also check the height as it may be a bit tight under the seat in the 'two', behind the seat would be more room as long as you can secure it properly to stop vibration etc

Anonymous

its 72.5mm high.
the amp ? was for the alternatives suggestions but i think i might need to go for a sub without a built in amp due to the fact i am running my 6*9's off the amp i already have, and bridge the sub off the existing amp.

Anonymous

yeah I know its 72.5mm high.  thats why I said you might want to check fit?  my alpine av controller was too big and its thinner than that

Anonymous

the best soltuion for space is the UD sub but as that a little out of your price range try a standard bazzuka 8" tube fit behind the bins and sound not to bad

Anonymous

where can i get the bazooka ones from????

MRMike

Although slightly bigger I can whole heartedly reccomend the Infinity Basslink.  

m http://www.newimagecarhifi.co.uk/specials.php?catId=11 m
(bottom of page)

I had one in my previous car, it effectively has two subs (one active, one Passive) and a built in amplifier (200watt).  

The really clever part is the electronics which allow gain control etc but also maintain equal distance and equilibrium between the two subs.  You can easily mount one in a storage box and have room to spare.  They really are fantastic, there's none of the horrible rumble associated with big subs, just pure clean punch for great SQ reproduction.  

Despite the 200 watt amp it is really powerfull and could if I so wanted shake the rear view mirror like mad in the boot of a hatchback so behind you i reckon it'd feel very potent.  Ultimately you have control over what you want it to do, something you don't always have with a Sub unless you have a HU that has the required adjustment parameters.

Also don't be fooled by the price into thinking its tosh, when they were launched they cost around £600 but have never seemingly been in favour in the British market. So there a bit of a bargain.

Anyways thats another option!
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Tags: