Snooper S-6R Neo inc RLD

Started by kanujunkie, January 27, 2004, 21:50

kanujunkie

Does anybody have one of these? are they any good?

[/url]
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

If it's GPS based, I'd just stick with an Origin bluei thingy.

kanujunkie

i've been let to beleive that the origin, was GPS only, whereas the snooper does that but also has a Radar and Laser Detector (RLD) built in as well and does detect the new portable mini-gatso
[size=100]Stu[/size]

aaronjb

The Origin b2 already does GPS & Laser trap detection, and there's an optional radar detector module that's due for release in March '04.. Not cheap, mind, but I'll be getting one just as soon as I can afford it (and stop buying other bits in group buys first  s:D :D s:D  )

Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

march you say, hmmmmm  s:? :? s:?  , won't be wacking it around country lanes till then anyway, definatly something to think about, do you know how much the radar module will be?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Do many forces still use radar? I though laser was all the rage nowadays?

GSB

Only thing that still uses radar is Gatso and Mini-Gatso.

GPS will take care of the first, but they can be really sneaky with the portable mini-gatso's.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"march you say, hmmmmm  s:? :? s:?  , won't be wacking it around country lanes till then anyway, definatly something to think about, do you know how much the radar module will be?

All the RRP's are here, though no doubt it'll be available cheaper elsewhere (as the main unit currently is)..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

kanujunkie

have found the b2 for 375, not bad
[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

got mine for £335
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Didn't IMOC have a GB recently (just before crimbo as I recall), they were pretty cheap too.

markiii

still on
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

in that case i'm off to IMOC, c ya
[size=100]Stu[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "markiii"still on

do you know where on IMOC, i couldn't find it, that site has no logical order to it, v.confusing  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "markiii"got mine for £335

where from Markiii
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Perhaps post to the mailing list and see if someone can repeat the details.... I would offer to share, but I deleted the details long ago.  Sorry.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "phil4"Perhaps post to the mailing list and see if someone can repeat the details.... I would offer to share, but I deleted the details long ago.  Sorry.

will do, thanks mate
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

aaronjb

Oh yeah, I put that post up didn't I  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

I have the details of the seller here if you want them kanujunkie..

Aaron

Anonymous

I have the Snooper S-6R Neo, bought it from  w www.radargirl.com w  back in October, very competitive prices !

The unit is very good, does everyting i need though i havent seen the Originb2 etc so couldnt compare.  The only thing i would say is there have been no false alarms at all except if using the radar detector in built up areas - to be honest i switch it off mostly and only user GPS & Laser.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "leon_judge"The unit is very good, does everyting i need though i havent seen the Originb2 etc so couldnt compare.  The only thing i would say is there have been no false alarms at all except if using the radar detector in built up areas - to be honest i switch it off mostly and only user GPS & Laser.

Cheers for that, i think that your info has only proved that the origin B2 is the one i should go for, if you're turning the radar off in built up areas where i do 90p/c of my driving then it would be pointless buying the snooper, plus of course i could always get the radar addon for the origin later if i change my mind
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Please see the last reply in this thread:

http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1917

Tags: