Infinity Basslink fitment problems

Started by Anonymous, January 30, 2004, 23:49

Anonymous

An infinity basslink will not fit into the rear storage bins if you have 6*9's in the storage doors as i found out today.
I am just hoping that the doors will close when I take the speaker out and re-locate it elsewhere.

Anonymous

it will when you take out the plastic trim on the drivers side bin, you will find an extra couple of inches there

Anonymous

done it,fitted and bassed up.whole install has cost £225.
well impressed.just got to add a few finishing touches.

MRMike

Sorry I was away this weekend and couldn't help with your troubles! Glad its sorted now!  You'll love it ! Did you manage to set it up yet?

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

sort of.
still not sure it sounds right but its bloody loud, even at low volume.
got to try and make some sort of housing to stop it moving around though.nothing excessive but it tends to knock when goin over bumps.
coupled with the 6*9's in the storage doors it sound awesome.

MRMike

Did you use the arms that come with it? I wouldn't have expected it to move unless its moving the entire storage bin!

The most important thing is getting the LED to wink when there is bass in a song.  Your damn right they are powerful, I had mine on a really minimum gain and bass.  Also have a mess with the crossover control as you can really tailor the sound with that if its too thumpy all the time!

Incidentally which side have you got facing you the active or passive side? Shouldn't make a lot of difference just curious!

I bet it does sound pretty awesome with 6x9's as well! Glad its all coming along!

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

i have put some pics on the rear speakers post.
i cant get the legs on as thay are to big for the bottom of the storage bin.gonna try and attach it to the back of the bins to stop the movement.
i have not got it set up correctly then as i cant see a blinkin light anywhere(probably looking in the wrong place)

MRMike

On the side of the unit, where all the output jacks are, there should be a small red LED. Put a CD on, with a strong bass line, and turn the volume up to where you would normally listen to it.  (If you notice your ears bleeding it might be too much) Turn the gain control until the led blinks on each bass contraction.  You should then notice that the LED blinks everytime there is a powerful bit of bass but not on all the time.  This indicates that the two subs are aligned, and moving antagonistically with one another. If the LED is on all the time the gain is set too high.  Alternatively If it never lights the gain isn't up far enough.

It might be an idea to get a small mirror to peer round the side so you can see the LED if you have already installed it.  I know that's what I had to do, very SWAT.

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

there is a green light just below the server wire for the remote volume control but i cant see a red one.
there is a red power light on the front of the unit.
would it make a difference if i am only running 1 set of rca leads off the back of the stock sony h/u as the other set is going to my other amp??????

MRMike

Your right it is a green light, it's on the side panel.  

As for the RCA as long as the line-level signal from the head unit is to the line-level inputs on the sub then its fine.  Simplicity is one of the beautiful things about the Basslink.  I didn't wire mine with the RCA's actually I didn't have any spare at the time from the HU so it was spliced from the left and right speaker wires.

Incidentally has the Sony HU got sub RCA outs? Is that how its connected? If so make sure that the HU over-ride is set at 0, otherwise it will distort the basslink.

Also if you havent already it might be worth toggling the phase switch on the unit to get the best set up.  All it does is basically reverse the direction of the sub, it can make a big difference if your 6x9 are in close proximity.

Hope that helps!

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

no they are just frt and rear outputs.
frts to the 6*9's and rear to the sub.
i will have a play around with it tommorrow and see if i can get it setup right.
so i have got to get the green light to flash in time with the bass.now i know.the instuction manuel said to turn the stereo to 75% of volume to adjust, i cant even get it to 50% without my ears beginning to bleed.

MRMike

Yeah that sounds fine! See what i mean now! you'll need to go somewhere remote to set it up.  It is worth doing though as the SQ is better but also by setting it up this way it safeguards the sub from destroying itself.  What the green light basically says is "im controlling the movement of the subs now" The manual says 75% so there is a bit of give between safe operating and the envelope where it might damage the sub.

Also let the sub 'run in' for a few weeks gently building up the vol level before unleashing the ultimate firepower.

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Tags: