Sony Remote - Part 2, mounting the remote

Started by Anonymous, January 31, 2004, 08:59

Anonymous

Ok, thought I'd seek advice rather than rush in and bodge things like last time.

I've got the remote hooked up to the stereo (something which would have been a five minute job if I'd waited).

How did you go about attaching the remote to the steering column?

Looking at it I need to drill a hole, which isn't really a problem (I'll probably not bother and just use the self-tapping screw and push hard).  However I've had a good look at the shroud over the steering column and it looks like I need to drill in place, rather than remove it (removal seems to involve taking the steering wheel off!).

In which case, is there anything behind there I should worry about.  I was going to do it on the left side below the lights stalk already there.

Anyway words of advice?

Anonymous

On mine I stuck it below the light stalk on the left, to get the plastic off is only a couple of screws if I remember. (It wasn't difficult, and this is coming from a mechanical muppet who struggled to change the air filter  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) I can't remember if anything was there but if you remove it it gives you a chance to tape the back of the screw to stop anything getting caught.

Ian

Anonymous

You don't happen to remember which screws do you?  I tried the two that are on the front face (which you can get at when you turn the steering wheel a little), but with those off it appeared that the whole (top and bottom) plastic parts where released, and joined.

I'm glad I asked now... thanks for the advice!

Anonymous

I've just been to look and there are three screws. Two on the front of the plastic. (The hidden ones.) and one underneath in the middle. From memory after taking these out a bit of wiggling removes the plastic.
The two parts snap together/apart.

IanW

Anonymous

Many thanks, I'll go and give it a go.

markiii

or just use some of that super sticky foam tape.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

If it ever falls off Mark, that's one thing I'll try.

Got it all on now, thanks for your help chaps, made things a lot easier.

Tags: