Stock Sony Users Manual

Started by Anonymous, February 1, 2004, 20:59

Anonymous

I bought my MR2 a couple of weeks ago from a private garage. I've fallen in love with the car big time!!

I don't have a copy of the user manual for the stock Sony CD/Tape/Tuner - does anyone know where I can get one on the net? (pdf format?). My '2 was registered in 04/2001.

I do plan to change the h/u and speakers, but in the meantime I wanna know what every button does!! (that's just me - wanna know it all yesterday!). In particular, I want to know how to keep the aerial down when using the cd-player.

TIA for your help!

Jon

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jonny G"In particular, I want to know how to keep the aerial down when using the cd-player.

You need to turn off the TA and AF stuff.

TA listens out for traffic announcements, which obviously needs an aerial.

AF retunes the radio as you move between areas, again, needing the aerial.

If you turn both of these off (so the TA and AF lights aren't on), your aerial should go down when you're not listening to the radio.

If you can't figure out which button to press to turn those two off, I'm sure we'll be able to help you out.

As for a PDF/copy of the manual... I've not seen one around I'm afraid... you could try asking your dealer.

SteveJ

That would be the AF/TA button (lower left of front panel)

Press it repeatedly to cycle between the combinations until both indicators dissapear from the display.

As a little aside, the AF/TA setting is remembered on a per preset basis, so if for example you don't want traffic announcements whilst listening to preset 1, but do when on preset 2, set the option accordingly prior to setting the preset.

HTH

heathstimpson

Quote from: "SteveJ"That would be the AF/TA button (lower left of front panel)

Press it repeatedly to cycle between the combinations until both indicators dissapear from the display.

As a little aside, the AF/TA setting is remembered on a per preset basis, so if for example you don't want traffic announcements whilst listening to preset 1, but do when on preset 2, set the option accordingly prior to setting the preset.

HTH
Is this the same scenario for the 2003 Fisher Price Stereo as my aerial stays up and I'm sure they are left off  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

SteveJ

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Is this the same scenario for the 2003 Fisher Price Stereo as my aerial stays up and I'm sure they are left off  s:?: :?: s:?:

Nope sorry - that was the main reason I kept the stereo from my Y plate when I bought the 03 (and now the 53). Some lucky sole is driving my old silver Y plate with a fisher price stereo  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

The only option is a switch in the aerial control line to disable it.

aaronjb

Quote from: "SteveJ"Some lucky sole is driving my old silver Y plate with a fisher price stereo  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

They sold your old car to a fish?!  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

The old AF/TF mysteriously disappearing thing had me foxed for a while - now I know why it is  s:) :) s:)  (It was off when I set one preset, and on for the other).. Mystery solved.. Ta..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"Is this the same scenario for the 2003 Fisher Price Stereo as my aerial stays up and I'm sure they are left off  s:?: :?: s:?:

Nope sorry - that was the main reason I kept the stereo from my Y plate when I bought the 03 (and now the 53). Some lucky sole is driving my old silver Y plate with a fisher price stereo  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

The only option is a switch in the aerial control line to disable it.
I'll just have to hurry the HU upgrade up a bit after the twin exhaust, lowered springs, Apexi etc etc. Better get some overtime in  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: