Steering Wheel Radio Controls

Started by Anonymous, February 18, 2009, 20:29

Anonymous

Hello

Did any of the MR2's come with factory fitted remote radio controls?

Thanks, Mike

markiii

nope
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

The only remote steering wheel controls work the SMT gearbox. If someone can make them work the radio then yeah   s:D :D s:D  I'm sure it's possible, on Spyderchat thev've done everything!

SimonC_Here

I've got an stereo remote for the stock unit it sticks to the side of the steering column.
It's in my glove box at the mo  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  but it does work when I plug it in.

Simon

filcee

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"I've got an stereo remote for the stock unit
That would be for the pre-facelift Sony unit.  Post '03 cars came with a Toyopta branded Panasonic/Matsushita unit, which didn't have remote option as far as I know.

If you want a remote control set up, it might be worth looking at after market kit with steering column or infra-red remotes.  It's an easy job to change the head unit for something else (even I have managed it!)
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

markiii

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"I've got an stereo remote for the stock unit it sticks to the side of the steering column.
It's in my glove box at the mo  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  but it does work when I plug it in.

Simon

yeah you can get them but they aren;t standard
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

StuM

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"It's in my glove box at the mo  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

That's closer than mine - it lives in a draw in my spare room!
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Anonymous

I have a steering wheel radio control, wireless, Pioneer do some great stereos with them, most have bluetooth handsfree too for your mobile phone, great bits of kit, I paid £185 for mine inc the wheel remote control for the radio/cd etc.

Tags: