upgraded lights

Started by Anonymous, March 1, 2009, 23:09

Anonymous

hey! does anyone know if i can upgrade the lights on my mr2 roadster??
its got plastic covers instead of glass. and im a bit worried they will melt with the extra heat.
thanks  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

muffdan

Sorry, can you be a bit more specific? Extra heat from what? Are you using stock lights? The stock lights are plastic and have no heat problems.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Kool PT

he must be a troll
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

onion86

I'm on my 3rd car now and they've all been plastic.. if you've got stock lights I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Alightly concerned what you mean by 'extra heat', have you done something to the lighting?
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

kentsmudger

Quote from: "onion86"Slightly concerned what you mean by 'extra heat', have you done something to the lighting?

Maybe we are talking about HID conversion?
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

markiii

if you fit the 80% brighter type bulbs some of them run somewhat hot

I assume thast where teh questions is coming from?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

darkday

Quote from: "Kool PT"he must be a troll
Wouldn't surprise me based on his other two posts...

Anonymous

i actually upgraded my lights i put higher wattage bulbs in and yes they are hotter but the plastic can cope with the heat plus on full beam its like driving in day light lol

markiii

Quote from: "rbuckingham"i actually upgraded my lights i put higher wattage bulbs in and yes they are hotter but the plastic can cope with the heat plus on full beam its like driving in day light lol

be warned I know someone who did that with beam deflectror on for a trip to europe

teh deflectors melted into teh headlight and required new lights
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Two's Company

Looking at the new post by Regal Auto bulbs and thinging about some Phillips X-treme which won the autoexpress bulb test by a country mile.  Are these going to melt my headlights?

uktotty

I would say 90% no, they are a decent brand and would be safe.

normanh

I have had the Philips (80% brighter) bulbs fitted now for 6 months with no problems. They good but pricey.

normanh

Tags: