Amplified Sub...Now Fitted

Started by Anonymous, April 23, 2009, 12:44

Anonymous

Just a quickie guys   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Will be installing my slim line amplified sub tonight. Plan on putting it in my rear bins, but where from here is the best place to earth it?

Will reveal more about the set up once its installed.

markiii

personally I go through teh grommet in teh firewall straight to teh battery earth, in our case thats a very short route
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Me being thick didnt think of that.

Will report back with pics etc later once its all up and running.

Anonymous

So after an hour of fitting my amplified sub its now finished.

I have gone with this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_266555_langId_-1_categoryId_165748

I know people will probably slate etc etc and to be honest I expect it.

I wasnt after booming bass, just some bass that the standard system doesn't provide.

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by the results. Its sounds really really good, and at £40 a bargain!

Anonymous

hey guys im geting an mr2 in a few month but im really big on sound systems and was jus wondering if there any room in the mr2 to put a loud sub and amp
cheers

kentsmudger

Quote from: "Williams_MR2"... installing my slim line amplified sub tonight. Plan on putting it in my rear bins...

It looks like the sort of thing I am after (low-range filling rather than thumping your windows out), but I would prefer not to use up the rear bin space - Was it too big to go under the seat?
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Anonymous

oooh I was actually looking at this the other day in store, whats it like for 40 quid? I was sorely tempted but at that prive i was expecting it to be a toy that wouldnt be worth it at all

Thudd

I'd not be putting anything which doesn't like water into the rear bins...

DannyN

Quote from: "Thudd"I'd not be putting anything which doesn't like water into the rear bins...

Where do you keep your EMU   s:?: :?: s:?:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "DannyN"
Quote from: "Thudd"I'd not be putting anything which doesn't like water into the rear bins...

On Rod Hull's arm?

DannyN

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"
Quote from: "DannyN"

On Rod Hull's arm?

hahahahahaha, ROFLMA   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

So i wen and bought the same sub and just wanted a bit of advice cos im a real noob when it comes to this stuff, I fitted my alpine head unit myself and it works fine and has the capability to work the sub from the head unit, what i want to know is is it ok if i just link all the wires into those coming from the head unit will thsat be ok?

Like the ground wire and battery wire into the corresponding wires coming out of the head unit?

Thudd

Back on topic   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  can this sub be wired into the existing loom (I have a nice ISO adaptor to tap into without harming the car), or does it need wires through to the battery?
I was hoping to run it off one of the unused rear channels from my amp as it doesn't have phono outputs.

uktotty

Quote from: "vinny1987"hey guys Im geting an mr2 in a few month but Im really big on sound systems and was jus wondering if there any room in the mr2 to put a loud sub and amp
cheers
BasslinkX best thing I have seen with the most power

Thudd

I was thinking more of the subtle underseat £40 bumwarmer which was posted, just to help fill in the hole in the sound through the standard speakers   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: