Waypoint Mode in TomTom

Started by uktotty, July 1, 2009, 18:41

uktotty

Someone suggested I do this to planm a route I am actualy driving.
So how do you do this then??

markiii

if you mean record your route, there is no way of automatically doing it that I'm aware of

I've been looking for one for ages

you would need to stop every 5 mins and add your location as a favorite, then use that to build the route adding teh favorites as waypoints
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

uktotty

Seems there is no way to do it automatically, that has been confirmed.
Someone said you can use "Waypoint Mode" just not sure how to do it or what it is

markiii

at least on my version there is no waypoint mode you have to do as described above
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Thudd

Someone posted a website on here with an app to let you do this which was officially sanctioned by Tomtom.

m http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php m

Not tried it yet.

ChuckyBru

I think its called itinerary planning on my TomTom.  Enter your points on the list then if you tap the point you've entered it'll bring up some options for that point e.g. "mark as waypoint".  You can save and export your route from here.

Was that what you're after?
[size=85]Charlie
2001... with added
TTET. [/i]
My fuel consumption.[/size]

Anonymous

Set it up in TYRE (Trace Your Route Everywhere) then transfer it to the itn file in your TomTom it is really easy   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

roger

Russ, not sure if this works on the move, certainly does in the study!

Go into Itinerary Planning, add your starting point, then drive to next waypoint/destination, press ADD, right hand arrow to second page, press My location. That location gets added to your Itinery as a Destination. Press it again (when you come home) and "Mark as Waypoint".
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

uktotty

Quote from: "ChuckyBru"I think its called itinerary planning on my TomTom.  Enter your points on the list then if you tap the point you've entered it'll bring up some options for that point e.g. "mark as waypoint".  You can save and export your route from here.

Was that what you're after?

Quote from: "roger"Russ, not sure if this works on the move, certainly does in the study!

Go into Itinerary Planning, add your starting point, then drive to next waypoint/destination, press ADD, right hand arrow to second page, press My location. That location gets added to your Itinery as a Destination. Press it again (when you come home) and "Mark as Waypoint".

Cheers guys this sounds like the sort of thing I need  s:) :) s:)

May try that app too! TYRE was rubbish

ChuckyBru

Quote from: "uktotty"Cheers guys this sounds like the sort of thing I need  s:) :) s:)

Just found this: http://www.houghi.org/tomtom/index.php
1. Create your route in google maps
2. Copy the URL into the box and submit
Simples
[size=85]Charlie
2001... with added
TTET. [/i]
My fuel consumption.[/size]

SimonC_Here

Bit of a convoluted route but I can record the route on Memorymap on my PDA.
Transfer it to Google maps and then transfer it to tomtom ITN.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ChuckyBru"
Quote from: "uktotty"Cheers guys this sounds like the sort of thing I need  s:) :) s:)

Just found this: http://www.houghi.org/tomtom/index.php
1. Create your route in google maps
2. Copy the URL into the box and submit
Simples

Erm.....That's what TYRE does  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: