Speakers getting damp

Started by Anonymous, February 13, 2004, 08:58

Anonymous

I've taken a look through the speaker install threads and was not sure whether anybody else has had the same problem.

I fitted a set of Audiobahn mids and tweeters into the doors about two months ago. I made my own speaker pods from MDF, as you do. Switched them on for the first time and was more than happy with the results. Fitted the door panels back and then realised that when i switched the H/D back on i had alot of vibrations coming from the door panel.

Anyway, i wasn't able to take another look for about another 4 weeks.
On removal of the door panel i noticed that the mid speakers had spots of rust forming. Luckily a bit of T-Cut and polish removed the offending stains.

What was happening was, where rain water drains down through the door and out through the drain holes in the bottom of the door (by design), it was also dripping over the back of the mid speakers. On inspection of the original Toyota mids i notived they have a plastic surround, sheilding them from rain water.

Needless to say i've got to make some modifications. Anyone else had this problem?

Slacey

Can't say I've looked, but I can see where you are coming from. All the times I had the panels off it was during the summer, so very little rain. If I get the chance over the weekend, I'll take a look at mine.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

need to make sure that you have moved any of teh seals and put the door card back back on correctly as if the top seal is not made then it will leak

Tags: