Aerial Problem After Fitting After Market Cd Player

Started by Anonymous, September 8, 2009, 08:34

Anonymous

Hi Guys

Im New to this and need help with my MR2 roadster aerial Problem.
I have fitted an after market JVC cd player and for some reason when I turn on the radio the areial does not come up
and i get a really bad signal.

any suggestions on how to fix this problem

Cheers SilverSurferMR2

Anonymous

i had this problem. i found that there was two wires left after i connected the auto dim, live, ign and earth. at first i connected it to the wrong one. so i used the other one and it worked. i think the wire was white from memory (somebody please correct me if im wrong). also check to make sure your using the right wire from the head unit.

Richard

furkh

right, well, i'm trying to keep my antenna down. i dont listen to the radio, and in the orignal fit cd player, if you had the radio off, the antenna would stay down, but with my kenwood CD player, it comes up as soon as i turn the cd player on... HELP?!

which wire do i disconnect? or how do i connect it to the passenger window diable switch?
MR2 2000 - Silver with charcoal alloys, Pirelli tyres, 2006 Engine swap, pre-cats removed, kenwood ICE with all leathers. Next: induction kit and wider tyres.

Anonymous

Quote from: "furkh"right, well, i'm trying to keep my antenna down. i dont listen to the radio, and in the orignal fit cd player, if you had the radio off, the antenna would stay down, but with my kenwood CD player, it comes up as soon as i turn the cd player on... HELP?!

which wire do i disconnect? or how do i connect it to the passenger window diable switch?

there is a guide on here on how to use your passenger window disable on here
 l viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5453 l
but if you dont want to cut any wires if you remove the bin behind the drivers seat there is a little black box if you disconnect that whilst the aerial is down then it will stay down. The bin is held in by the 3 screws holding the door on and one at the back if memory serves me well.
Hope this helps

Richard

furkh

i've gone for the easier way of going under the bin at the back of the driver seat and disconnecting the motor. thanks for the advice mate!
MR2 2000 - Silver with charcoal alloys, Pirelli tyres, 2006 Engine swap, pre-cats removed, kenwood ICE with all leathers. Next: induction kit and wider tyres.

Tags: