Post '03 head unit specifications

Started by Gildor, November 9, 2009, 18:24

Gildor

I have searched honest!   s:? :? s:?  

Can anyone tell me where I can find the specifications for the post '03 head unit as I want to research whether to simply upgrade the speakers and dynomat the doors, or whether I really need a new head unit.

I know that ideally I should change the head unit as well, but it's a cost thing!  I am only looking to improve the sound quality, it does not have to be a great system.  Which is just as well as my total budget is about £150.

Cheers!
The road goes ever on and on....

wbarrwebster

I assume you mean the Sony WC -C570R branded unit?

I'm sure if you Google the model, you'll will find the specs.

IMHO, this ain't a bad overall unit, my 2 had Infinity front speakers fitted when I bought it 2.5 years ago, I subsequently taped out the doors with flashing material instead of dynomat.

Ultimately fitted a couple cheap of 4inch Pioneer speakers in the bins.....   I'm happy with sound but then I'm no high volume, heavy bassman!!

B
W. B. Webster

roger

I upgraded in two steps. Better speakers and deadening definitely gave better sound, a new headunit was better still. So I say do what you are doing making sure they are better speakers (  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ), then either accept the change in quality or replace the HU if you want better than that.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Thudd

Check your wiring before taking the plunge - my post-facelift 04 plater has pre-facelift wiring for the post-facelift headunit!

Tags: