Getting power above the dash?

Started by uktotty, November 25, 2009, 16:23

uktotty

I recently purchased Markiii Navpod and want to run 12v to it, is there a way to get a wire behind or through the dash to the power behind the head unit?

muffdan

yep, drill a hole!  s:) :) s:)

I would drill the hole through the side of the storage space. They you've just got to drop the plastics beneath the steering wheel and you'll be able to get up there. Actually, you'll probably want to remove your instrument cluster too. I've ran several cables first for my boost controller and then for one of my defi guages through the dash in that area. It wasn't difficult, you'll be pleased to hear.

Are you thinking of tapping the power from the head unit? The cig-lighter might be a better option.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

roger

When I did mine I was told the back left was the best area as not much behind it.

I did it with a small drill and then enlarged it with a sharp stanley knife - more control (says the 4 finger man   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ).
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: