Driving the water guage

Started by muffdan, December 17, 2009, 15:15

muffdan

So does anyone know anything about how the water guage works? What does the ECU send it to make the needle go up and down?! I need to drive it myself so I have to figure out what it wants in terms of signal to work.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

SteveJ

There is no feed to the instrument module from the temperature sensor, so it must be being controlled over the CAN-bus

muffdan

cheers Steve, do you know what CAN protocol the ECU uses? Basically is it standard or a Toyota proprietry version?
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

SteveJ

Try this as a starting point - http://www.vassfamily.net/ToyotaPrius/CAN/cindex.html#OC.

It's for a Prius, but I suspect a lot of the data stuff is going to be relavent - I can't see Toyota re-inventing it all from the ground up for the '2

muffdan

awesome, that's pretty much all the information I'm going to need. Brilliant, cheers Steve.
Jason

roger

I never could understand why certain gauges and things disappeared into a box on the wiring diagram, I assume that's why.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: