New Wiring Loom for non standard stereo?

Started by Anonymous, December 21, 2009, 13:13

Anonymous

Hey, im changing my standard sony stereo for an alpine single din stereo. Now, will the connection at the back of the wiring loom from the car fit the wiring loom for the alpine before i get started, or do i need a converter loom for it to fit? Many thanks  :-) :-) :-)

uktotty

Just the ISO assuming your new stereo is ISO?

Anonymous

Whats ISO? Its all standard as it stands, 2000 reg.

Anonymous

Ive been on ebay and they've got this iso adapter.. m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC2-17-4-Toyota-M ... 2555d825e6 m . But it hasn't got 2000 reg that it'll fit, as its a roadster anyway and their all basically the same inside will it still fit, and be what i need?

uktotty

there was no 2002-2004 roadster so is should read 2000-2006
Looks like the right one to me!

Anonymous

Ah this be nice  :-) :-) :-)  thank you!.

gavw71

I've just changed to a new Sony head unit and ordered the adaptor lead (PC2-17-4) you have mentioned. However, I found that I didn't need it as the original connector plugged straight into the new stereo.
In addition, the new stereo came with an extra lead that would couple to the black connectors on the PC2-17-4 lead, but the white connectors on the lead would not couple to the connector in my car. So, all I can assume is that the PC2-17-4 is for face-lift models (2003 onwards) with the "Fisher Price" stereo.
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

gavw71

Showing back of standard double din Sony stereo from my 2001 Roadster - the coupler on the cars wiring plugs into the black socket above the red 10 amp fuse.

Showing the lead which came with the new Sony stereo - the connector on the right goes into the stereo (it's the same as the connector on the cars wiring, so it also fits the original Sony stereo), while the two connectors on the left fit the black connectors on the PC2-17-4 adaptor lead.

Showing PC2-17-4 adaptor lead. As mentioned above, the two black connectors on the right fit the two connectors on the Sony in the 2nd picture. However, I found I didn't need either of the two leads, as the connector on the cars wiring plugged directly into the new stereo. In addition, the two white connectors on the PC2-17-4 adaptor lead do not fit the cars connector, so I assume these must fit the post face lift cars (ie 2003 onwards.)

Sorry for duplicating my earler post, but I tought adding pictures might help.
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

Dyn-Evo

Of course, if you get another Sony H/U, then you can simpy plug it straight in, no adapters reqd...l

The BT3600U and the current 4700 are quite good: I have the 3600.....it has Bluetooth streaming / hands-free, and a USB on the front for your MP3 memory stick.......  s8) 8) s8)
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

Tags: