fitted new stereo but no sound? help!

Started by Anonymous, January 4, 2010, 16:29

Anonymous

Hey guys, just fitted new stereo (Alpine) bought new iso connector for it, its all snapped in and connected. Powers on and all the functions, but nothings coming through my speakers?? It all worked fine until i changed stereo  s:-( :-( s:-(  Any help would be grately appreciated as im in the midst of it now! lol  :-) :-) :-)

uktotty

Volume knob, left hand side of the unit

Anonymous

Haha hillarious daft sod, come on help is needed!

uktotty

does the head unit have seperate preamps and therefore require corssovers, did you buy component speakers etc?
is the HU new or used?

Anonymous

I have component speakers, it has a crossover box that come with it and was working from there even with previous original hu in. The stereo is new and worked in my last car only few days ago. What do i need to change?

markiii

does the alpine have an inbuilt amp

some of teh good stuff doesn't
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

yes it does have a built in amp  :-) :-) :-)

StuM

Double-check that the speaker outputs on the unit match the pattern etc on the ISO connector... Where did you get the ISO connector from?  Is it definately the right one?  Is yours pre or post 2003?
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Anonymous

its 2001, i bought the adapter that said 2003 plus i think, but didnt think it'd be a big difference as it all fitted fine? Guess im gonna have to cut speaker wires before and after adapter and divert them over it am i right to connect them directly to each other? Is it the white slit with back wires? If not i suppose fitting an amp and rca'ing it would do it? Im just wanting to drive home with music, and need a quick fix lol

StuM

Post 2003 cars had a different head unit to the Sony of the pre-facelift cars.  I'm guessing that the ISO connector that you bought is designed to take on one end the plugs from a post-2003 unit, and convert it to an ISO input into your Alpine.  

I'm surprised that the plugs that were in your Sony unit fit in the adaptor... was it the OEM double-DIN Sony that you had before?

Amp from the RCA lineouts would be a way of testing that the rest of the unit is operating.  Again, quite surprised that it is if the ISO connector is incorrect..   s:? :? s:?
Stu M

Anonymous

Yeah, i used the iso connector directly from car to stereo, took leads from sony stereo off as alpine have their own and connected them to the iso adapter. wires look like they run in accordance to the other connector? Baffles me totally.

Anonymous

I used a 2003+ iso adapter and mine worked fine with new head unit.

StuM

Ah.. does it come from factory with ISO?  That would explain it.

in that case, very odd  s:( :( s:(
Stu M

Anonymous

Maybe the unit's fubared?

Anonymous

Its totally confused me, everythings inline. I'll try rca jobbie if no1 has any other idea's??  s:-( :-( s:-(

philster_d

The very first thing I would do is retest with the original unit.

Anonymous

Ok got it sorted ppl! On the alpine stereo the was an output option. To either turn it to external amp or to integrated. Integrated option worked! haha.  :-) :-) :-)

StuM

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting back with the resolution.
Stu M

Tags: