Rear Fog Light

Started by Anonymous, May 28, 2010, 19:06

Anonymous

Hi. I've got a 2003 UK Roadster and failed MOT today on rear fog light.

How do you switch on the rear fogs? I've forgotten and haven't got the car to investigate.
I've modified my dash significantly - the garage thought I may have removed the switch inadvertently   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  , but I can't remember there ever being one?

The front fogs work from the switch to the right (?) of the steering wheel - and they're working fine. Is the rear linked to this, and maybe (i'm hoping) I just need a new bulb?

Cheers,
Gareth

onion86

Mine's not the say as it's an import but on all the cars I've ever known of the front and back fogs are linked so I'd suspect a bulb is needed.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

filcee

It's the "inner band" on the lights/indicator stalk.  Obvious question: has the fuse or bulb failed?  Or is it a wire not plugged in somewhere if you have made lots of changes?

EDIT: And I think some regular lights have to be on before the fogs will switch on - at least the sidelights, if not dipped beam.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

lemans

If they failed it for the sake of a broken bulb I am damn sure I wouldn't bother going to them again.   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:
Daryl
Facelift Black MR2 with red leather interior. Hardtop, rear brace, SP body brace, TRD short shift, Mongo\'s,  Dev\'s & SP Turbo - 238bp, 220lbft.

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice guys.
They didn't fail for just the bulb, there were a few other issues. Didn't have time to check it over before taking it!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Took it to a reputable local garage, not a Mr T, but I don't think they deal with many roadsters.

Tags: