Speaker install with pics & video - a must see!!!!!

Started by Anonymous, June 10, 2010, 18:02

Anonymous

hey guys it seems when ever i write sumthing on here its either a review or i need help .............well heres another review lol

not long ago a few of you may remember me asking where i could buy some lugadge compartment doors,

well one of the guys on here was selling a leather coverd MDF that was made to fit in place of the doors and i must say i havent a clue why no one snatched it earlyer as on my search i have seen many others trying to figure out getting subs inside the lugadge compartment :S

i did have to do a few mods to this board as the chap who made it put the brackets on the wrong side ..........

anyways i fixed the error put the brackets on the rear and drilled holes where the original doors bolt in and used the original bolts to keep it in its propper place  s:) :) s:)  simplezzzzzzzzzzz ;D

then i bought my amp wich will be running all four speakers  s:) :) s:)  

i took everything out like half the dash, center plastics for the gear knob and all, ash tray, cd player ( if you read the how to's on this site it really does work trust me)

connected up the pre-outs and remote, ran all the cables under all the plastics and under the carpets power lead through the engine bulk head easy as pie, i decided to fit my amp to the wall behind my passenger seat perfect place hidden but easy to access and show off if i wish.

started up first time and all was great.

heres the spec from what i know about the speakers.

2 x8" kicker subs
2x JBL 6X9's
900 watt FLI amp with 4 channels blue led lights up when cd player comes on and packs alot of goodies enough to make u smile.

enough chat heres pics and a video.

and heres the youtube preview vid enjoy VVVVVVVVV

m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywWKx3Hl9-M m

Hogzi

Cool.  Do the hinges go on the bottom or top?  I guess they went on the bottom and if so how did you attach the top?

Looking at building my own in the next couple of weeks as I never use the space and the two front speakers are a bit weedy

Anonymous

hi the metal brackets are on the bottom they are ones that you would use for a cuboard door hindge i think

at first when i put the speaker board on the top just fell into place with the weight and stayed didnt really need to have any fixings for the top ive drilled a few screws in spaced out to stop it from buzzing but i think it was sumthing else that was making the rattle noise (not the speakers) so theres not much need to fix the top in.

and i can still stick small things in the lugadge compartment as well  s:) :) s:)

shuttsies

should have played part 2 for dub step bassssss
Currently have: ASBO ORANGE FOCUS ST-3 bring on the hate \";)\"

Anonymous

6x9s? *spits*

Other than that, very tidy install, nice work  s:) :) s:)

dixiedave90

amazing install chap im curently trying to build my own. Is the mdf panel just fixed using the brakets or is there any frame work to help it with strength??
David...
2003 mr2 roadster / pipercross panel filter with custom intake piping / custom twin exit longlife exhaust made by ice direct / in car dvd / colour codeing all round / trd spoiler added / hid 6000K with led side and number plate bulbs / front bumper weight saving due to hitting a hare :S

Wabbitkilla

[MOD]To avoid any unpleasantness, an other install has been split off and given it's own thread [/MOD]
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

SamsSpares

hi any chance anyone can help me find a panel like this one?
it looks fab! or someone make one and ill pay?
Let me know!!!
Thanks!

JiMR2

Hi Sam,

I reckon you could knock one of these bad boys up easy peasy mate! Bit of MDF and a covering of your choice and bobs your uncle...
AKA Cinnamon Jim

SamsSpares

Thanks man, ill give it a go, any tips? or is it a fixed panel? recommend me any speakers? i was thinking a kicker l7?

JiMR2

I'll be looking to knock something similar this up in the near future and will be going for 2 x 10" subs;

m http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/categor ... _c-465.htm m

Any of the below i guess, not really up on watts/ohms etc

And to accompany those ill prob be going for some 4" speakers;

m http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/categor ... _c-995.htm m

However saying that i came across a set of 6x9s brand new in the loft last night so may drop those in... not sure yet.

RE: fixed panel ill be looking to make something like a large toblerone box with a large bracketed front bit like above... That way i believe more clarity/quality in the bass will be achieved if boxed... at the loss of all the rear bin storage space... possiblities are endless though... if you just wanted to knock up a front panel, take off the 2 doors, lay em on a sheet of 12mm MDF next to each other as if they were in the car, draw round, cut round, cut holes for subs, carpet, fit. done!   s8) 8) s8)
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Anonymous

Im thinkin once i have the funds, sell on my bass link and do something similar to this aswell.
I was thinking about making it in on either side though. 1 10" sub behind each seat in both bins, but taking a fiberglass mould of the bottom of the bin with a MDF box around so it sits in nice and snug and looks flush. that way the mid section is still free for other stuff. I may even build them at a slight angle, aiming them up slightly, and then getting a nice set of components speakers for the doors.

another idea would be to make the 2 seperate boxes as stated above and have the subs facing forward into the seat, then have the walls of the centre part slightly slanted (facing more towards the seats) and sticking 6x9s on those bits. kind of like this  

|__/   __| (top down view)

have the speaker on the board facing down the way and the 6x9s on the inside walls.

scotty320

I'm really liking this thread! Looks like the pencils and tape measure will be coming out this weekend, got a wicked idea!!! Now to source 2 x 10" subs, 2 x 6.5 components,  amp, some clear plastic/MDF and a couple of blue L.E.D's  s:-D :-D s:-D
2004 Mr2, blue, hard top, quad cat back exhaust, 30mm lowering springs, short shifter \";-)\" now waiting for funds to progress ;-D

Tags: