New a/v unit

Started by Anonymous, July 5, 2010, 18:10

Anonymous

Hi, Newbie here. Just bought a 2000 (x) import. Seller said the radio wasn't working but that was ok as I intended to upgrade anyway. Removed the audio unit only to find that it was an old unit that had merely been stuck into the 2 x Din recess to make the dash look acceptable. Nothing was connected and all I can find behind there is the arial plug and a small white oblong connector. What should I be looking for to connect to a new head unit - where are the speaker and tweeter terminals? I have found the airbag ECU box (difficult to miss) but nothing seems to match the iso connectors that I would need to connect a new unit. Am I looking in the wrong place? Any advice welcome!!

wbarrwebster

Hi,

Dig under the carpet at the back of the  two upright pillars....there should be a few options hiding there.

B
W. B. Webster

SimonC_Here

Also you will need a Toyota -> ISO connector before your new head unit will plug in.

Anonymous

s:D :D s:D  Thanks Guys - I'll have a look when I get home this weekend.

roger

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Also you will need a Toyota -> ISO connector before your new head unit will plug in.

Yes, in theory the Toyota end will plug into the white oblong connector, the ISO end into radio and it should all work. Not expensive, try Ebay. Get it delivered before weekend.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

roger

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Also you will need a Toyota -> ISO connector before your new head unit will plug in.

Yes, in theory the Toyota end will plug into the white oblong connector, the ISO end into radio and it should all work. Not expensive, try Ebay. Get it delivered before weekend.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: