Only One Speaker

Started by uktotty, July 6, 2010, 13:11

uktotty

So yesterday I had an issue where the drivers side speaker stopped working.
Played around with it and teh head unit is certainly sending out stereo to that speaker.
Today I opened the drivers window and speaker worked, close the window the speaker goes off!

What's that all about then?

wbarrwebster

Russ,

As I'm sure you've sussed, the window must be pulling the Speaker wires.../

Try and indentify the speaker wires as the go through the door and gently push/pull, just might  remedy it...

Other than that..get the door card off and resite the wires.

B
W. B. Webster

nathanMR2

Have to got a splitter box in the door. After time my wires seem to come loose and i have to tighten everything back up again
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

stargazer30

Quote from: "nathanMR2"Have to got a splitter box in the door. After time my wires seem to come loose and i have to tighten everything back up again

Top tip - don't use spade connectors on the wires/crossover.  Instead tin the wires with a soldering iron and then tighten up the screws.  The solder compresses and the screws don't come loose.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Tags: