alarm problems

Started by Anonymous, April 13, 2011, 19:58

Anonymous

My standard alarm has stated to act strange ,first I had a number of bleeps  from the siren, which seem to be around 16 or so and then the alarm started to go off infrequently at first but in the last week just about every time I lock the car, even  when driving I had the alarm sounding, am I correct in thinking the Toyota TVSS siren needs replacing as the battery backup has failed , anybody else had the problem

Thanks Gareth

uktotty

Hi Gareth

Not sure what spammer man is saying there!

Sometimes when it gets hotter the metal expands and the sensor gets acttivated, mine was the frunk sensor, others have had different issues.
Check the sensors ad bend them up 1mm so there is a better contact with the frunt lid etc

Anonymous

Hi i went to see my friend and we heard a Alarm outside, it turned out it was my MR2 02 Reg going off..When i went to use the key fob to open the car, it didn't open the door..I open the door the old way, with the turning of the key and i try to start it...nothing...i try the lights...they was very low..i try the horn and the horn made i strange sound as if the battery was very very low well dead...the next day i went to get me a new battery from Halfords £74.99 it was a HB053 thats all they had to fit my car,,i took my old battery in to show them the size and told them the make of car...ring them first to see if they have one in stock...i am just glad it was only the battery...the night before i was at my sister and we washed the inside of the car and then we had a DVD on in the car so thats why i think the battery was dead and the battery was old...hope this helps any one...Dave From Dudley

kentsmudger

Quote from: "Dave h"Hi i went to see my friend and we heard a Alarm outside, it turned out it was my MR2 02 Reg going off..When i went to use the key fob to open the car, it didn't open the door..I open the door the old way, with the turning of the key and i try to start it...nothing...i try the lights...they was very low..i try the horn and the horn made i strange sound as if the battery was very very low well dead...the next day i went to get me a new battery from Halfords £74.99 it was a HB053 thats all they had to fit my car,,i took my old battery in to show them the size and told them the make of car...ring them first to see if they have one in stock...i am just glad it was only the battery...the night before i was at my sister and we washed the inside of the car and then we had a DVD on in the car so thats why i think the battery was dead and the battery was old...hope this helps any one...Dave From Dudley
So to summarise, Halfords sell car batteries. FYI, getting one from a Toyota dealer is approx £25 cheaper. Hopefully the OP has sorted his problem by now too.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Steve Green

2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

Tags: