Gauges

Started by Anonymous, September 12, 2011, 17:22

Anonymous

Given that my car has drank all it's oil over the last couple of thousand miles, I've decided to get some oil temp and pressure gauges in to keep an eye on things.

Firstly, are these any good? They look smart and should match the 2's lights inside

m http://www.ebay.com/itm/270803182482?ru ... 5097wt_902 m

Also, can anyone tell me what the oil pressure of a healthy engine should be? Idle at warm would be good  s:) :) s:)

evileye_wrx

As it says in the advert you probably need to factor in a sandwich plate as well. Always apply the golden rule 'You gets what you pays for' It's cheap for a gauge so may not be as accurate as one which cost a bit more. I used Prosport gauges from the States which weren't great but then upgraded to AEM on my turbo '2 and had no complaints with them.
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Yeah I factored in a sandwich plate. £100 for two gauges ain't too cheap I'd have thought. I know they can go silly money, but at least if I know where my pressure is when the oil is full, I'll notice as soon as it drops.

Anonymous

Good advice, RST, but I believe Ron is no longer with us. He has gone off to the world of Freeland(ers)!

Lippy

For anyone who reads this thread thinking on what gauges to go for i would highly recommend glow shift gauges. they are extremely accurate come in almost every backlight at the push of a button. they are easy to install and come with matched sensors always! free delivery from america cant go wrong.
The elite series are the best but more pricey than the white face dials that match our cars speedos...
I have oil. water. nos bottle pressure. fuel pressure and now boost gauges of theirs
i dont work for them but a product that good is worth the plug tbh
Ex SP240 Owner, looking for another boosted '2

Lippy

Oh and if you buy more than 1 and message them on ebay first they will normally give a small discount
Ex SP240 Owner, looking for another boosted '2

Tags: