Buying an Infinity Basslink X - questions

Started by Anonymous, April 19, 2004, 14:19

Anonymous

jonboy, just done EXACTLY as you said but STILL NO LIGHT coming on

could it be a faulty LED?

Anonymous

you only get the light on when you have the settings ajusted on the frt properly. it does take some time.the best way i can suggest is turn every dial on the frt of the unit to the minimum setting, crank up you stereo and start from there.just make sure u leave the bass boost off.
just had a look at mine and the  gain is about at 3 quarters the way around and the crossover is just over half way around.you only get the light on when you have got it on an extremly high volume, it does not come on when you turn the volume back down, its just used as a guide to tell you that both subs are working with each other and not against.

Anonymous

ahh i see, i thought it was for when the sub was distortin and you were putting to much power through it!

just need to stop the sub from moving about now (dont want to screw it down)

Anonymous

put a piece of no slip plastic underneath it and use the straps that are in the storage bin to secure it.it wont move when you close the storage door if you use the gray plastic supports.if you look at the install 2 pic i sent you, you can see the plastic supports on the top of the unit.these hold it in place perfectly.
LOUD isnt it?????

Anonymous

it quite loud, not earth shattering though.

an hour ago i had everthing working, now i have tided everything up and now it isnt working. the power light flick on then off when you switch on the H/U. when i rub the 2 remote wires together the power light on the sub flickers but wont stay on.

i have checked all the fuses and are fine?

any ideas? as i am pulling my hair out!

Anonymous

check your earth wire.if you have a bad connection on the earth it wont work.sounds like something has come lose when tiding.
sounds like your having fun.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jonboy"sounds like your having fun.

ive been crawling around inside my car all day, and have never felt so exhausted.

i hope it is just a loose earth connection so i dont have to keep messing about. although i do remember screwing it down very tight.   s:? :? s:?  

Anyway, gonna leave it till the morning now cos i am knockered!

Tags: