CD rejecting CDs

Started by hpjes, March 14, 2012, 19:18

hpjes

Hi
My CD player is playing up (it is the original Toyota model) The CD is rejecting CDs and  I do insert one the buttons on the front of the unit flash (this has been going on for a while) The Radio is fine and the buttons do not flash at all when in radio mode.

Is simply that the unit is beyond repair or is it repairable?

Any advice welcome. Thanks

loadswine

Not sure how you fix it, but it may not be economical to take it to get repaired. A new head unit can be reasonably cheap these days , either single or double din size, so that may be an answer, or get hold of a used one if you wanted to maintain the look and OEM style of the original.
I would try unplugging the power to the unit and then reconnecting, , just in case it might free up the mechanism perhaps. Worth a try anyway.  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

AckersMR2

+1 on that advice.
You can get a new head unit now for under £100 with far more feature than your broken one and it will probably sound better too?
If you choose to replace it you should consider wether you even need a cd player. Mine has one but with iPod connection as well, in the 4yrs I've owned it I've never put a cd in it !!!
My only car is a Ducati 

stewart@boro

Have you tried a laser cleaning cd. This often does the trick and will only set you back a fiver
TF 160 TTE exhaust and style bar and other shiny bits.
Replaced by an Abarth 124 Spider

Tags: