pump starts when the key is in ignition!

Started by Ikrana, June 1, 2012, 06:54

Ikrana

as soon as the key is in the ignition (not turned) the pump start making a noise, quite high,
when the key then is turned the pump goes on as it sould, when i then turn the key back to off the pump makes the noise again?! and some times when the key is removed the pump is still making the same noise until i cut the power.

first i tought someting was connected wrong with the K20 so i removed the harness so it looks like a oem 1zz harness, still makes the noise, then reconected the k20 swap harness and disconected the A and B conector from the 1zz ecu, No sound?!

so does anybody have a idea of what can be the problem ?

things that has been removed from the body electrics are, wires to the seats, lights for the rear number plate, heater for the rear window and the antenna relay, all of these parts was dissconnected the last year also without this problem, but i removed some of the wires this year, ( seats and rear lights)

thanks for any help!

Robert.

E

It might be helpful if you say which pump is making this noise, fuel, power steering or other.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Ikrana

Quote from: "E"It might be helpful if you say which pump is making this noise, fuel, power steering or other.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

oh,, tought i did mention it but i forgot  s:) :) s:)
well acctually it is both the P/S and fuel, but the problem here is the fuel pump  s:) :) s:)

SteveJ

So reading between the lines on your original post, the car has a K20 conversion?

I'm pretty certain that makes you unique on here so there's not likely to be much experience of that!

PS. The stock fuel pump has it's own pressure regulator so it's powered up all the time the ECU has power. Have you tried swapping it out as it may well have gone faulty.

Ikrana

Quote from: "SteveJ"So reading between the lines on your original post, the car has a K20 conversion?

I'm pretty certain that makes you unique on here so there's not likely to be much experience of that!

PS. The stock fuel pump has it's own pressure regulator so it's powered up all the time the ECU has power. Have you tried swapping it out as it may well have gone faulty.

true but i think you may have on of the answers on the problem! i used to have a 1zz turbo and the pump has been changed to a 255l/h walbro, and then i had a aem fpr to control it, i now dont have the aem fpr connected to the pump now and the stock fpr has not been put back in, so maybe this is one of the problems?

Tags: