aerial replacement

Started by scottee, May 10, 2004, 12:53

scottee

Stupid question, but how does the aerial come off? someone bent mine while i was in asda and the misses was the in car, and now it just jams as it get to the top, and it wont come back down unless i give it a push. Going to goto a breakers and find a replacement one

markiii

I beleive you have to removed the rear wheel arch liner and wheel, to access it.

if you have to replace it anyway I'd consider an s2000 style instead.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

scottee

s2000 'style'... where can I get one from?

markiii

in the US you can buy from an SC meber a modified s2000 antenna to fit an mr2 base. however this requires the non powwered mr2 base only found on pre-03 spyders.

personally if I was doing this I'd get the whole thing from Honda.

base and mast. however Honda wil be as silly on price as Toyota would be for yours. Of course a breaker should equally likely be able to help you.

there are 2 parts, teh mast, and the base which includes an amplifier (thats why Honda are so expensive for it)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

On the Arial, my friend has just had her Puma arial point smothed over and it looks the nuts, she came to me to fit a surface mount arial.

So the point of this story is if you have £100 spare and a day spare withou the 2 go down to your local body shop, before you get there remove the arial so nothing is there, get them to smoth the hole over and spray it !

Then all i done was to mount a surface mount arial under the wheel arch and there you have it a no arial make over, and no loss in FM quailty

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Buster"On the Arial, my friend has just had her Puma arial point smothed over and it looks the nuts, she came to me to fit a surface mount arial.

So the point of this story is if you have £100 spare and a day spare withou the 2 go down to your local body shop, before you get there remove the arial so nothing is there, get them to smoth the hole over and spray it !

Then all i done was to mount a surface mount arial under the wheel arch and there you have it a no arial make over, and no loss in FM quailty
I can never understand why car manufacturers spoil a lovely car with a big electric aerial  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"in the US you can buy from an SC meber a modified s2000 antenna to fit an mr2 base. however this requires the non powwered mr2 base only found on pre-03 spyders.

personally if I was doing this I'd get the whole thing from Honda.

base and mast. however Honda wil be as silly on price as Toyota would be for yours. Of course a breaker should equally likely be able to help you.

there are 2 parts, the mast, and the base which includes an amplifier (thats why Honda are so expensive for it)

So do you (or anyone) know how much they would charge you for the complete S2000 antenna?

This is an appearence mod I have to make as I think the stock one makes it look like a remote controlled car.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    can't understand why toyota didn't put an s2000 'style' antenna on from the begining...

markiii

IIRC somehwere near £120

but I'd try a breakers first.

GSB

The MR2 antenna also comes as 2 seperate parts. A new telepsopic mast section for your existing motor unit is available seperately for not to much money.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"but I'd try a breakers first.

sorry, not familiar with this term   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

thanks btw

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "RedRaceR"

breakers = scrapheap = junkjard = place cars go to die

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Buster"On the Arial, my friend has just had her Puma arial point smothed over and it looks the nuts, she came to me to fit a surface mount arial.

Any pics? I would be a bit dubious as to the finish, but would love to do this.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"
Quote from: "RedRaceR"

breakers = scrapheap = junkjard = place cars go to die

ok that cleared it up   s:) :) s:)  

thanks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"

Any pics? I would be a bit dubious as to the finish, but would love to do this.

shall try and get some pics this week for you the colour tho is matalic purple so it's not any roadster colour   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: