Full beam indicator damaged on gauge.

Started by Anonymous, December 3, 2012, 12:42

Anonymous

I bought my 55 a couple of weeks ago and took it out for its first blast at night on Saturday i noticed that the light on the dash that indicates when the full beam is on only half shows.

Has anyone experienced this before and can it be fixed ?

Regards

Steve

Wabbitkilla

This question isn't entirely off ball ... does your engine management light come on with ignition and then go out?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

onion86

Where Wabbit is potentially going with this... The full beam indicator is a single bulb shining through from behind, so unless there's something behind the dials (like tape) blocking half of it then I can't see why it wouldn't be showing. It's not 'that' near the Engine Management indicator though.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Anonymous

Just noticed the horn doesnt work as well so i might have a look Saturday.Is it easy to get the clocks out.......is there a guide? Sorry more used to mk1 mx5's

.....and thanks for the reply

Steve

Wabbitkilla

It is actually very easy to get the clocks out to check the bulbs.
Knock the wheel height down to its lowest.
Grip the binnacle and pull, it would come loose quite smoothly.
There are then three screws to undo (from memory).

It should come away smartly, and you can just unplug it from the loom.
The reason why I asked about the eml is because it isn't unknown for sellers ... mainly dealers to take the instrument panel apart and tape over the eml. Obviously if they're a bit ham fisted they can obscure partly or wholly other indicator lights.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Anonymous

Will have a peek at the weekend the missus will have to slum it in the 5.i will reserve judgement until i do this,if not then some bloke from Brum will have a vey angry 6'5" bloke on his doorstep.

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   brilliant!

Seriously, hope it's ok.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Wabbitkilla

Might be nothing but a dodgy bulb, just thought it should be checked as I've never heard of half the light showing.

People have done this before to hide faults that just need an o2 sensor changing and they're relatively inexpensive these days.

Sent from a planet somewhere nearby

Tags: