drivers side window not working properly

Started by Anonymous, June 1, 2004, 13:53

Anonymous

my drivers side window will only ever go all the way up/down. it doesnt seems to want to go up/down a bit at a time
(by just pressing the switch to its first position) like the passenger side one does?

Anonymous

there are 2 stages to the button... press it lightly till it just stops and it will go down bit by bit, press it all the way down (liek you would for the passenger) and it will do the 1-touch operation.

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  surely you dont think im that stupid kris?? it goes down all the way, EVEN IF you just press it lightly. could a fuse have blown?

Anonymous

You never know... you get people coming on saying their passenger side window has stoped working and its cos they have accidently pressed the lock window button on the dash... you get all sorts here mate!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

no fiuse blown, as its al feed from the ECU have how long have u had the car??

Anonymous

the car is a 2000 MRS, ive had it 2 months and its done it since i got it

Anonymous

MRS as in jap import? Maybe they dont do it? Cue adam to confirm as he knows all about imports!   s:D :D s:D

SteveJ

Rogue's MRS does the same - the window is auto-up and auto-down, to stop it press the button a second time.

Anonymous

Hmmm. Mine is an import and has 2stages as the UK...... Well that was helpful.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

ive tried pressing it a second time and nothing happens, still goes all the way down

Tem

Quote from: "Tomr2"the car is a 2000 MRS, ive had it 2 months and its done it since i got it

Since you didn't buy it as new...maybe the previous owner has installed something like this:
 m http://spydermagazine.com/2001/Nov/autoloc/autoloc.htm m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

im probly wrong but what that does is make the drivers side 'auto up'? does the uk only have auto down then? as mine has both

Tem

Quote from: "Tomr2"im probly wrong but what that does is make the drivers side 'auto up'? does the uk only have auto down then? as mine has both

That makes auto both ways...I just meant the previous owner has probably installed something similar, not necessarily exactly that one  s8) 8) s8)

I thought all 2000 models have only auto-down for driver and neither for passenger. You can change the switch to have auto-both, but the body ecu doesn't understand it anyway, so you have to use some external gadget to make it work. I'm just guessing, but could be your case..

Anonymous

not sure about the auto down only for driver side on 2000, it is neither for passenger tho. i thought it was auto up/down on all models as standard??

so, do i take out the switch to have a look if theres some kind of module under there?

Tem

Quote from: "Tomr2"not sure about the auto down only for driver side on 2000, it is neither for passenger tho. i thought it was auto up/down on all models as standard??

It's definitely only auto-down on 2000 in EU/UK/US...not 100% sure on Asia  s:? :? s:?

Quoteso, do i take out the switch to have a look if theres some kind of module under there?

I would  s8) 8) s8)  Otherwise it's only guessing...

The module could be under the dash as well though, but take some pics about the switch and wires if you don't find anything suspicious.

Anonymous

the module is not by the switch it is in the ECU they feed the wires to and from the switch the only thing i can think that has happend! is what alarm has been put on the vechale???

Anonymous

the alram is a cobra thatcham cat 2 if that helps???

Anonymous

if it has total closure on it then that would be the problem i.e. the wireing to the ecu has been spliced to roll the window up on the case of the fob, but also it could be Cobra's little thing that have on the mircowave sensors,

but dose it have total closeure?

Anonymous

total closure: that means both windows should automatically go up when i lock the car right?

no, my alarm doesn't do this

had a look under the switches yesterday, and both modules look exactly the same

Tem

Quote from: "Tomr2"total closure: that means both windows should automatically go up when i lock the car right?

no, my alarm doesn't do this

The basic Cobra can't control windows, you need to buy their Window Control Kit for that.

Anonymous

well that rules out any tampering with from the alarm, hae you cheack that all wires are conected properly to the modules under the switch on the drivers side? and make sure there sound ( not faluts in the length of wire e.g. meter them out)

Anonymous

cheers buster, ill have a good look tommorrow

Tags: