Speaker Cover Part of DoorCard Rattle

Started by Anonymous, June 10, 2004, 10:31

Anonymous

The pocket part of the door card and the speaker grill are rattling and its driving me INSANE.

I have searched and didn't find anything about this, has ne1 else had it and cured it?

Thanks in advance

markiii

reduce teh bass to yoru speakers
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I tried that but that part of the door seems loose, has anyone here removed it or anything like that?

Its not the bass (altho that might have been the cause).

markiii

the part you refer to is attached by plastic clips at teh back of teh mnain door panel.

unfortunately they are plastic welded in place so it can't be easily removed to dampen it.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

If you have an EQ on your HU, knock off, or reduce the 40KHZ freq (as MArk said Bass ) as this seems to do the most damage in terms of rattles. You won't get quite the same sound but it will be free of rattles.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

I was looking at it when stucj at traffic lights and it seems there are some connecting clips that join the pocket to the door, are they the welded ones?

Anonymous

40Hz.....ok will try that later, cheers mate.

The arse is that the HPF on the amp is turned off, doesn't sound "quite" as bad with it on but then i need my sub again......ohhhh i see that custom install coming  s;) ;) s;)

markiii

the ones at teh back end of teh pocket whihc I think you are refering to should be able to be popped the plastic welded ones are nearer teh speakerend on the pocket.

Anonymous

Do you have to take the door card off to remove and re-fit these?

markiii

yep, though they will only release the back edge of teh pocket

GSB

Divert all the bass frequencies somewhere else, and voila, no more door rattles. I'd reccomend an Underdash Sub.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Slacey

Alternatively, line the back side of the door card on all the relatively flat surfaces with Dynamat / flashing tape - this cured ALL of the door related rattles I had.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Slcaey hit the nail on the head there!

Dont stop Frequancey's getting to the speakers just coz of a rattle come on guys !!!!! be a harcore SQ

Just placed thin strips of dynomat or flashing tap around the pocket (have to pull hard on teh pocket to get enogth room to palce it inbetween the pocket and card)

Tis works and will stop all ratlles from this area

Anonymous

Cheers guys

>Buster, guess you've had the same problem then?

James.

Anonymous

yeah and with every other bit of trim but now all are sound deadend so no more rattles

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"Cheers guys

>Buster, guess you've had the same problem then?

James.

and me too.  Buster and Slacey are right.  I sufferred rattles from this area until replacing the standard speakers and applying flashing tape to any flimsy-sounding area of the door cards.  
Andy

MRMike

I've just finished applying Dynamat Extreme and flashing tape to most of the doors of my car, but there seemed to be worst rattles than before in the upper door.  

I fiddled around to find out where the vibration was coming from and strangely the rattles in my car originate from the pocket where the door handle meets the door.  Anyways to cut a long story short, I removed the covers applied flashing tape, into these cavities.  Still no luck until I shoved two dusters in each side! Absolutely no rattles at all now!

I'm thinking of finding a more long term solution, but seems to have worked for me.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

crankshaft

I've dynamatted the entire door panel (to replace the polythene sheet) and my external door handles vibrate / rattle on anything moderately loud or bassy !

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

MRMike

Quote from: "crankshaft"I've dynamatted the entire door panel (to replace the polythene sheet) and my external door handles vibrate / rattle on anything moderately loud or bassy !

Crankshaft

Mine still have the odd vibration but are much better with the dusters stuck in! I think I'm going to buy some cavity filler to fill the door handles and the cavity around the join.  I'll let you know if it sounds any better.

<<Mod>>
This thread seems to have more to do with Audio so I'm going to move it if thats okay!

Moved to here:  m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4267 m

<<>>

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Tags: