Alarm going off - no remote key

Started by spoonsy, May 6, 2013, 05:40

spoonsy

Hi,
Just bought a 52 plate (pre-facelift) MR2 but have only got one key with it which is a key without the remote buttons. Each time I open the door it alarms + hazards flashing etc. If I then lock the car and unlock it again straight away it doesn't alarm. This happens with either door. Also I have got the red immobiliser light permanently on. The engine starts up fine so it isn't actually being "immobilised" as such.

Do I need to get a remote key to sort this and if so does anyone know where can I get one without taking out a mortgage  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  ?

My thinking was that, as long as the door was locked when the car was left and then unlocked manually with the key then the alarm shouldn't be triggered like this?

Anyone had anything similar or can offer advice please?

Wabbitkilla

The immobiliser and alarm are separate.

You need the fob keys to turn off the alarm, the light in the dash is you alarm that you can see, the immobiliser light is built into the heater dials. Never ever buy a car without at least one of the alarm fob keys.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: