Sony CD Changer compatibilty

Started by Anonymous, June 23, 2004, 12:44

Anonymous

Hi Folks.

I had a Sony DJC something (will edit later with model!) professionally installed when I bought my euro import '2, but for the last 6 months it's been giving me no end of trouble.
The CD changer seems to just cut out with a "Phut", and then reset to disc 1, track 1. Even when listening to the radio/tape, I can sometimes hear the head unit drop power, and then continue after a second or so. Usually after hitting a bump, but sometimes for no reason at all! This happens at least 5 times per journey.   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

I took the changer out and shook it around violently whilst playing, but it wouldn't cut out on me! A little skipping, but no reset. Changer unplugged however, the head unit is totally fine. Of course it could also be that the Bus cable is trapped somewhere and is shorting...

My question is this: If I want to give up with the current changer and buy something like a CDX T70 MX, is it going to be compatible with all sony head units? I presume that they haven't changed the Bus signals in the last 3 years?

Apologies for the long post, but any info much appreciated!   s:D :D s:D  
Cheers,
Tim

Anonymous

Yep.  Sony are quite nice like that, should be no problem.
Beware though that the MP3 changers don't allow folders so it appears to the HU as zillions of tracks on a CD.  Could get a bit confusing.

Good luck.
J

Tags: