Stock Stereo Volume Drop

Started by StrokesUK, July 15, 2013, 18:08

StrokesUK

Hi All,

I've had my MR2 (late '02) for over a year and have had a strange problem with the stock stereo (fisher price) in the last couple of days.
About 10 minutes into my journey from work home the stereo volume starts to drop, eventually going to nothing. If i turn it off and turn it back on it's still at the same point, yet if i turn it off and leave it a few minutes it starts up back at normal volume, before decreasing again within a minute or two. I've checked the battery and there's no problems there, and it is also charging correctly etc this issue seems to be just the stereo. My first thought was that it may be overheating, but I've really got no idea!

Also, no I'm not just gonna buy a new head unit!

StuC

That is weird.  s:-| :-| s:-|

Do you just have the stock stereo or do you have any additional bits, cd multi changer, amplifier etc?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

dcod

Time to upgrade from Fisher Price to VTech or Tomy?

This one has built-it satnav.

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

StrokesUK

Quote from: "StuC"That is weird.  s:-| :-| s:-|

Do you just have the stock stereo or do you have any additional bits, cd multi changer, amplifier etc?

It's stock apart from a Aux in box (Connects2?) that's hooked up to the cd changer port.

Tags: