Hot Weather alarm problem.

Started by Anonymous, July 19, 2013, 20:41

Anonymous

With Summer finally arriving here in Vancouver I am suffering a recurrence of a problem that plagued me last year. The alarm in my 2004 Spyder goes off when I lock the car and leave it on warm, sunny days. Not a problem when it is raining or cloudy. This happened last year but only during the Summer.

If I leave the car unlocked, even in the hot sun, the alarm does not go off. I am not comfortable with leaving the car unlocked, though. I did some research last year and came across an explanation somewhere that the heat causes the doors to expand and this sets the sensors off.

Is there a way to disable the alarm? What does that alarm button to the left of the steering wheel do? It does not seem to have any effect. Is there a fuse I can disconnect or can I disconnect the sensors? I want to be able to drive the car without this annoyance.

The battery was recently checked so that is not the problem.

Thanks for listening!

alan

Wabbitkilla

Have you tried clicking the arm button three times. This turns off the interior air density sensing. If it's ok then I recommend you adjust its sensitivity.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try and let you know what happens. How is the sensitivity adjusted?

alan

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion. When should I press that button? With the engine running or off? With the key in the ignition or out? I know I have pressed that button but maybe not at the right time.

alan

Wabbitkilla

The arm button on your keyfob?

Obviously when you're out of the car, the indicators will give an extra long flash.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

When I had this problem I bent the sensor up by 2mm which then is not affected by the heat as the metal expands.

ray835

whereabouts is the sensor fitted.........
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

Tags: