Help can anyone fit new speakers

Started by simonlacey88, August 22, 2013, 22:42

simonlacey88

Hi guys, live in the north east near darlington, would anyone with experience of fitting new speakers in the front of my 2002 mr2 had a new head unit fitted, sounds great but want to fit some focals as I've heard they are great, would be willing to travel and will pay for your time, in either money, or cheese (I have a cheese factory)

Cheers guys

Or could you recommend any fitters in the north east.

Cheers once again

Simon

pill20

Hi Simon,

It's pretty easy fitting the front speakers into the car just a pain cutting the OEM speakers to keep the frame 
Head Unit again all depends on what head unit you are fitting & the loom to connect to the car harness too and if you are having an Amp!
What Speakers / Head Unit did you go for ?
I Would say if you have a bash at it like I did took me around 4hours from reading the post's and that was me being ever so carful with my 2 !
Now that I done it took me 10 min per door as I upgraded from the Edge to Hertz Very and happy I might add  s:-D :-D s:-D  

If you are buying them from Halfords then they might do free fitting for the audio but might cost a few bob.

simonlacey88

Hi pill20, thanks for that, I've just fitted a double din alpine head unit, really nice, halfords did it, for 29.99 I'm looking at a set of Focals as the reviews on them are great, I also have a £50 voucher from halfords I need to use.

Did you not take the door cards of, what d you mean cut the original speakers out?
Did you use any deading mats on the doors

Cheers

pill20

Yeah you have to take the door panels off, if you have the original speakers you can cut them to fit make your new speakers fit. If you got the cash I would go for hertz as I think they are so much better then Edge speakers  s:) :) s:)

pill20

Read this it will help you out!

l viewtopic.php?f=31&t=144 l

Tags: