Heater control panel removal......

Started by Anonymous, September 25, 2013, 16:06

Anonymous

My MR2 Mk 3 facelift has faulty bulbs behind the heater temperature dial. The heat selection and blower speed dials are fine. Toyota Plymouth say its a 'dash out' job!! Someone please tell me it isn't, and someone out there has done it without such dramatic demolition. I replaced the tiny 'grain of wheat' bulbs behind the temperature dial in the main dashboard without a problem, but removal of this heater control panel has fooled me. Anyone help?   s:? :? s:?

AndyM

You can get the HVAC panel off by pulling the dials/slider straight off the pins (literally just hold and pull). Then there are two screws behind them to undo.

Once these are out you can simply pull it off (4 press clips disengage). However, at this stage be a bit careful as the clock is still attached to the car so be gentle and then unplug the wire at the back of the clock before fully removing.

No idea if that's as far as you need to go to get to those bulbs though I'm afraid.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

trevsmr2

As above
then undo the small screws to remove the center black bit to access the bulbs if you still cant get at them

Anonymous

Brilliant - thanks mate - just what I was hoping to hear!!

andyhull

Anyone know how many bulbs there are in this unit ? I quite fancy the new disco LED's on the main clocks so may as well change these too
ooohh are they the same type ? 286 T5 ?
a 2 is like a fine woman, sexy, charming, satisfying and worth all the maintenance  s]

Dougster7

But of an old thread but did you ever find led's that fit into the dashboard bulbs?
2ZZ by Rogue

Tags: